[SOLVED] New motherboard for the Rtx 3080

Sep 13, 2020
So i have a ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard with a RTX 2080 Super, just wondering if i want to up to 3080 would i need a new motherboard? i want the 3090 but I am not sure about what motherboard i would need there either...

Solution
So i have a ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard with a RTX 2080 Super, just wondering if i want to up to 3080 would i need a new motherboard? i want the 3090 but I am not sure about what motherboard i would need there either...

No, you won't need a new motherboard.

The component that presents more importance when upgrading is the PSU. What PSU have you got(make and model)?

No, you won't need a new motherboard.

The component that presents more importance when upgrading is the PSU. What PSU have you got(make and model)?

Solution
Well i heard the 3090 needs three ports rather than the 2 but wasn't sure if my motherboard had enough for the 3090. But you are saying it does??

Talking about the PSU and motherboard there ok with the GPU but if you not got enough cables then go with the one that you have got cables to plug in!. Anyway if you do not have enough cables cant you buy some from the make of your PSU?

Sep 13, 2020
We need make model of the psu. 800w on its own is fairly meaningless, there is a huge difference between a low and high quality psu. Unfortunately Cyberpower often use cheap components so there is a reasonable chance it’s a poor psu.
Well they aren't expensive so I can always get another and replace it but i was just wondering if the 3090 would fit my motherboard because apperently it is a 3 slot card