[SOLVED] New motherboard, GPU not detected.

Garemo

Reputable
Jun 2, 2020
So after buying a new motherboard and installing it, I connected the HDMI to the gpu and started the PC. The monitor said "no signal detected", but when I connect it to the motherboard socket it works fine.
Notes:
*The GPU is not detected on neither device manager nor BIOS.
*The GPU's fans and LEDs are working just fine and I've made sure its connected correctly on the PCI slot.

Last edited:

Garemo

Reputable
Jun 2, 2020
You might have to set your primary display adapter on bios. Point it to whatever pcie slot the card it is because it might be deactivated by default.
I honestly don't know how to.
I tried looking everywhere for any settings of display adapters or anywhere for PCI slot but I just can't find it. Can you help?

nipplethewhale

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
This is a very broad guide.

Open the BIOS menu. Pressing the “F2” or the “Del” key during computer startup usually takes you to the BIOS menu.

Select the “Advanced” tab using the left/right arrow keys.

Select the “Video Configuration” option using the "Up/Down" arrow keys. Certain motherboard models list this option as “First Display Device” or “Primary Display Adapter."

Select the “PCI-Express Graphics" option and press “Enter.”

Press "F10" to save the new settings. You can now use the PCI Express card slot to install a PCIe video card.

Garemo

Reputable
Jun 2, 2020
This is a very broad guide.

Open the BIOS menu. Pressing the “F2” or the “Del” key during computer startup usually takes you to the BIOS menu.

Select the “Advanced” tab using the left/right arrow keys.

Select the “Video Configuration” option using the "Up/Down" arrow keys. Certain motherboard models list this option as “First Display Device” or “Primary Display Adapter."

Select the “PCI-Express Graphics" option and press “Enter.”

Press "F10" to save the new settings. You can now use the PCI Express card slot to install a PCIe video card.
Done that, still nothing.