New motherboard install

Cha-Ka

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
I recently got a new motherboard, and installed it to my computer. I kept all of my old parts, including the HDD and SSD. The computer booted fine, and windows seem to run well. However, the old BIOS remains, and I have noticed that my internet connection, which is slow normally, seems exceptionally slow, and Google Chrome seems to be running much slower and consuming more memory. This may just be temporary, only time can tell. But I am wondering if I should delete the old BIOS and drivers, and if you guys think it is necessary to reinstall windows

Solution
Go to the mobo website and get the latest BIOS and download the latest mobo drivers for your OS, the stuff that came on the CD is out of date about 90+ % of the time. Also run a good registry cleaner, Wise has a good free one.

reddwarf45

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
The bios is installed on the motherboard its self in a special chip not on your hard drive, it's possible you have a board from the same company so the bios would be the same. You need to wipe the old motherboard drivers from you hard drive and install the new ones that came with the new board.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Go to the mobo website and get the latest BIOS and download the latest mobo drivers for your OS, the stuff that came on the CD is out of date about 90+ % of the time. Also run a good registry cleaner, Wise has a good free one.

Solution

Cha-Ka

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

The new motherboard is an MSI and the old one was a Gigabyte.

reddwarf45

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Odd, but it is physically impossible for it to be the same bios as again it is stored separately on the motherboard it's self not on your hard drive.
Scrub your old motherboard drivers and install the new ones.