[SOLVED] New motherboard installed, can't get past BIOS.

Mar 5, 2020
Yesterday I replaced my old motherboard with a brand new one, and now I can't get past the BIOS screen on boot up.

When on the BIOS screen, I can see my old SSD and HDD both appear as connected, I can even rearrange them on boot priority.

However, I can't get past this BIOS screen and into windows.

Shouldn't I be able to boot from my drives like before? What am I missing?

I've read through several threads but I've been unable to find a solution that works in my case. Thanks in advance. Below are my specs.

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5

RAM
16.0GB

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4)

Graphics
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Solution
Please list the old and new motherboards.

Are you try to boot into your old operating system (from your old motherboard)? If yes, there's your problem, or at least one of them. A motherboard replacement necessitates the reload of the operating system most of the time.
Are you able to boot into a Windows PE like Hiren's boot USB? That would at least test some of the basic components for functionality. To get Windows going you'll need to reinstall it from a USB (backup everything first, of course).

Are you try to boot into your old operating system (from your old motherboard)? If yes, there's your problem, or at least one of them. A motherboard replacement necessitates the reload of the operating system most of the time.
Are you able to boot into a Windows PE like Hiren's boot USB? That would at least test some of the basic components for functionality. To get Windows going you'll need to reinstall it from a USB (backup everything first, of course).

Solution
Mar 5, 2020

I don't have the old motherboard with me, but I can find out if it's necessary. If it's a big problem, I may just take it into the tech shop nearby. I am trying to boot into the same os that I was using with the previous mobo, yes. How do I reload the os?
I do have a windows boot CD, I also did a fresh install on a spare ssd I had, so I'm actually using it right now.