[SOLVED] New motherboard --- is it worth it?

commizzar

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks in advance! I have a Asus X570 Crosshair Hero Viii, with Ryzen 7 5800X, 32G Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra Graphics Card. I am contemplating purchasing the new Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master Motherboard. My question is this, is this a worthwhile upgrade, and is it worth the hassle of having to re-install windows again. Money is not a concern, as I have a Amazon Gift card balance.

Solution
Personally I'd need a much more compelling reason to change a 2-year old mobo that already has decent components plugged in to it --- especially with the hassle of having to re-install Windows from scratch.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's not an upgrade. It's a newer version of the same board by a different brand with a few different gimmicks.

Crucial has 8Tb NVMe drives. Why would you need more slots? You only really need 2. One for primary, and one to clone to or use as backup etc.

Most ppl don't play more than 3-4 games with any regularity, filling up an 8Tb drive with games means playing something different every day, which gets you nowhere in levels or acquisitions etc.

You already have a seriously nice pc, exactly no point in throwing cash at it to go.. Sideways.