Question New motherboard issues

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
I replaced my motherboard yesterday and I've been having a lot of issues just trying to get it to work. Whenever it turns on it can't, for one reason or another, connect to the internet. It doesn't acknowledge that there's both an external wireless card and a WiFi antenna plugged in. It doesn't register with the screen sometimes and I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable. Sometimes the screen just goes black. I don't know what to do now.

Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
from what motherboard to this? install the chipset driver? or reinstall the os?

I don't remember the motherboard that I used before. If it helps, it was old enough to run an FX 8350 processor. I ran the disk and installed everything, if that's what you mean by chipset driver. As for reinstalling the OS, do you mean Windows 10?

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
yup reinstall windows 10

I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from the Windows website and now it's giving me an error code. I disabled Norton, which came with the motherboard, so hopefully that will change something. Am I doing this right? Or do I need to uninstall Windows 10 altogether and reinstall it manually?

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
So, I performed the clean install, and while I do finally have the internal wireless card working, my computer has blue screened twice in two days. I was told at the computer store that my computer blue screening might be a sign that I need a new power supply, as right now my power supply is sitting at 450 W. Is this the case or is it something else?

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RYANSCOMPUTER
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F4, 1/8/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product B450 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
BaseBoard Version x.x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.194"
User Name RyansComputer\Ryallen
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.86 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.80 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, Disabled by policy, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

So, as it turns out, I was mistaken in what kind of power supply I had. I did not have a 450W power supply, I had a 550W. This is the one in specific that I bought:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZEHY84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tell me if the system specs aren't enough, I have the txt document saved.

TRENDING THREADS