Asus Prime b365m-a
Zotac 3060ti
G.skill trident 8GBx2
Evga 650w bronze
ID Frostflow AIO
Toshiba HDD
Samsung Evo SSD

Hello,

I bought this motherboard, b365m-a, new and it arrived today. I hooked everything up and then the fans and lights were on for everything but no display. So I tried looking at everything, tried without gpu still nothing and checked for bent pins and they were all straight and the cpu is clean. Then I looked at the ram positions and tried both dual channel and nothing and then I tried one ram stick in the 4th slot and it booted and I tried the other ram stick in the same slot and nothing. Then I tried the ram stick that worked in the 4th slot and moved it to the 3rd and it didn’t boot so, I tried putting the one that didn’t work in the 4th and put it in the 3rd by itself and then booted, then I put both together and it booted, so it seems slots 1 and 2 don’t work. I figured I fixed the problem and was done and then I hook up the gpu and using both hdmi and display port I’m now not getting any signal from the gpu. I’m pretty sure I have everything hooked up properly. I have gone into BIOS and turned on PCIe graphics. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
Usual questions.

Is the RAM in the QVL list for the mobo?

Are you trying to overclock (XMP) out of the box?

Are you sure a 650W Bronze PSU is powerful enough for a 3060?

I'd try the system with another GPU that only needs power from the PCIe slot, e.g. 1030, GT710.

If slots 1/2 do not work, it is likely for one of three reasons:

1. The slots are defective. If that is the case, I would only expect one to be defective.
2. There is a bent pin in the socket. Ram and slot issues are the usual results.
Look again, very closely. Usually a needle can bend a pin back in place. Be aware that the sockets are designed for only up to 15 insertions.
Bent pins are not an allowed reason for a RMA since they are easily user caused.
3. The motherboard itself is defective and you should return it.