new motherboard no os, cant see keyboard usb or ps2, cant setup bios

xavier0jim

Reputable
May 3, 2015
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Socket AM3+/AMD 760G/DDR3/CrossFireX/SATA3 and USB 3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard 760GMA-P34 (FX)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin UDIMM Memory

PSU: XFX TS 550w Full Wired 80+ Bronze Power Supply

CPU: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition

Case: Rosewill Dual Fans MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case FBM-01

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11217-01-20G

HDD: D Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive

OD: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit, System Builder OEM DVD 1 Pack (New Packaging)

Ok so i cannot get any keyboard to work no matter what i do. Ps/2 or usb keyboard nothing will work. motherboard doesnt have win7 loaded onto it yet because i cant press enter to select the boot device.

If i use a usb keyboard into usb 3 it gives "keyboard interface error press f1 to continue" and the keyboard powers on for the num lock light but when i press cap lock none of the lights change. If i unplug and plug it back into usb3, it doesnt get power anymore.

If i plug in a ps/2 keyboard it doesnt power on at all. and computer acts like it isnt there.

If i plug in a usb keyboard outside of usb3 it doesnt power on and computer doesnt see keyboard at all.

ps/2 keyboard is brand new. tried 4 usb keyboards 2 wired, 2 unwired. tried all usb ports.

also lost the jumpers for my motherboard.

And just takes it to the boot devices screen "press enter to select boot device" but no keyboard works so i cant download windows from the disc.

Please help, D: I have no idea what else to do. first time building a pc

Solution
VCC5 is the +5V rail from the PSU that's on when the PC is fully on; 5VSB is the +5V Standby rail that's on even when the PC is off.
Choose 5VSB if you want to wake your PC from the keyboard or mouse or if you want to charge your phone while the PC is off, VCC5 otherwise. If you don't like your initial choice, try it the other way and see if that works better for you.

xavier0jim

Reputable
May 3, 2015
i lost EVERY jumper, i didnt know what they were because it is my first build and im an idiot. never tried installing it outside of the case, was gunna try that but its such a pain to redo everything so i wanted to see if i was missing something here

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
VCC5 is the +5V rail from the PSU that's on when the PC is fully on; 5VSB is the +5V Standby rail that's on even when the PC is off.
Choose 5VSB if you want to wake your PC from the keyboard or mouse or if you want to charge your phone while the PC is off, VCC5 otherwise. If you don't like your initial choice, try it the other way and see if that works better for you.

Solution