Question New motherboard - No Signal

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone, a couple of a days ago I spilled a very tiny amount of water on my old motherboard (which no longer boots), and since then I have bought a new one, H310M-D REV 2.0.

Now everything works fine, but the only thing I can't get to work is my monitor - it keeps saying No Signal when I connect either the GPU (1070Ti) with DP or the onboard graphics (i5-8400) with HDMI.
I should also add that there's no light on my keyboard or mouse when I boot.

I have basically tried everything from re-seating ram to clearing CMOS, etc... I can't think of anything else to do.

Any help is very appreciated...

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Yeah, the PC was on when I spilled the water on the old motherboard, but I've replaced it by now.
I tried using only the iGPU but it just gives me No Signal.

No bent pins at all.
I'm thinking it might be RAM...

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Yeah, the system shut down and I unplugged it ASAP, but it seems like the old mobo is gone.

PSU is working fine, did the paperclip test and it's also powering on the current components with no issues.

So I'm thinking it's either the CPU or RAM which is causing the no signal and no light on mouse and keyboard.

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Not sure there's a store where I live that has a return policy on non-faulty components.

I guess I'll try with RAM first - I've tried starting the PC with no RAM at all and it behaves absolutely the same...

Reactions: rgd1101

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
@rgd1101

The RAM is yet to arrive, but while I wait I tested the system without the CPU. Everything behaves the same, and there's practically no difference.
Could this mean that my CPU is dead? The water might've gotten into the socket when I spilled it rendering it dead... thanks!