Question New motherboard not booting with RAM

aquavitae

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
I recently bought a new motherboard, CPU and RAM to upgrade my previous system. The motherboard is the ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, with a Ryzen 9 processor and two 16Gb RAM modules. The motherboard manual clearly shows DIMM slots named B1, B2, A1 and A2 in order and indicates that if two RAM modules are used, they should go into B2 and A2. This seems pretty standard. The problem is that when I do this, the system doesn't boot - I can't even get to the BIOS. After a bit of experimentation, it turns out that it doesn't boot if either of the RAM modules are plugged into either B1 or B2. Before I go through the rather lengthy process of returning it, does this sounds like a motherboard issue, or am I just doing something wrong?

aquavitae

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Was the RAM on your motherboards QVL list?

Good question. Since it was all sold as a kit, I had assumed that the supplier would have made sure of that. However, looking at it I'm not sure it's the case. The RAM is Klevv KD4AGUA8A-26N1900, and if I'm looking in the right place for the QVL list, it doesn't seem to be on it. The processor is a AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor, so I'm looking at the QVL of Asus's website for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors. Is that correct?