New motherboard, old OS

Oct 5, 2018
I just built a PC and it booted my old OS with new Mobo and CPU but the problem is my keyboard and mouse work only in BIOS and they die when windows is up. I tried starting windows in safe mode but i have sam issue.

Solution

just because it boots sucessfully doesn't mean it is supported. the problem is there are no official chipset drivers for it so your USB ports will not work.

it is possible to find a way to get windows 7 tro work but you would first need a keyboard and mouse with a PS/2 connection to have the ability to work in the OS.

the best thing to do at this point is if you do have a valid key for windows 7 you can use that to upgrade to windows 10

windows 7 is not supported by ryzen or intel 6th gen...
Oct 5, 2018

It is windows 7 but i dont understand what do you mean. I have ryzen 5 2600 and it booted windows. The problem is keyboard and mouse

just because it boots sucessfully doesn't mean it is supported. the problem is there are no official chipset drivers for it so your USB ports will not work.

it is possible to find a way to get windows 7 tro work but you would first need a keyboard and mouse with a PS/2 connection to have the ability to work in the OS.

the best thing to do at this point is if you do have a valid key for windows 7 you can use that to upgrade to windows 10

windows 7 is not supported by ryzen or intel 6th gen CPU's and later

Solution
Oct 5, 2018

Got it, thank you

just to clarify about your windows 7 key it is not 100% guaranteed it will activate because if it is an OEM type key then it will be void because of a major hardware change like that. however you can still use windows 10 without a key

TRENDING THREADS