New motherboard, PC won't POST

Thanatomic

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I got my new Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z today and after fitting it in my case and connecting everything up, it doesn't work.

If I plug in the power cord and switch on the PSU, the motherboard lights up and a bunch of LEDs turn on, as well as the CPU and GPU fans spin up. However, after a couple of seconds, the fans stop spinning and the only lights left on are the start and reset buttons on the actual board.

I found that when I disconnect the 4-pin ATX power connector, the fans keep spinning once powered on. Any ideas where my problem lies?

Solution
Try testing the board outside the case, single RAM stick installed, graphics card, DVD drive, keyboard and mouse.
MAke sure that the RAM mosule is properly inserted.

Thanatomic

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

None of the LEDs remain red but the DRAM LED flashes then turns off as the CPU LED turns on. After about half a second, the system shuts down. Only the start button and decorative lighting remain on after that.

Also, I noticed that while on, the Q-code panel flicks through a bunch of codes. Most of them are too quick for me to read, but I can make out 10, F.F. and 50.

Sorry for the late replies, but I've been quite busy lately. I'll try and get back as soon as I can once you've responded.

Thanatomic

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Okay thanks, I'll try that as soon as I can.

Thanatomic

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Okay, so I finally got it working! Seems it was the case; when I tried breadboarding, it worked with every component, and it even worked in the case but with no screws. I'm gonna try adding some more spacers to the case to raise the board and see how it goes. Thanks for your help :D