The problem im thinking is the front panel wiring/pinout
Because some of my wires for it dont have the same name/names as in the manual
My audio wires are
Mic in
Mic bias
Gnd gnd
L in L out
R in R out
And i have left 4 wires that i have found no name for them in the manual (Data-1 Data+1 VCC1 GND1) and im guessing they are for usb?
Im quite new this is pretty much my first build and i dont know why it wont even turn on
And if people cand help me to wire the f panel pinouts would be nice
Thanks

Solution
the audio wires should be easy to solve (go to your manual for the motherboard on page 16 ,under section 10 for "front audio" it shows the pin pic line up. you should be able to use that to add correct wires, from what i saw online you will only need L-in,L-out, r-in ,r-out and gnd(ground).

as for the other wires, i dont recognise them and they dont match any on the manual diagrams.(they could be old USB 1 wires).. ,im guessing this is an old case. as all new/modern cases have the cables in a block. so they just slip over "audio, usb ,etc. . check on the inside of your side panel.(some older cases would have the pin diagrams printed on them..

i hope someone can shine some light on the other wires for you.

my motherboard was...

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
can you add pics/send link to pics of the cables ends, that dont know what they are. i had the gigabyte B560m ds3h motherboard. so if i see the wires you have ,maybe i can tell you where they go. (i know the audio wires you describe above are the "HD AUDIO"for the front panel. the other wire "vcc" you dont need to use. as some motherboard(gigabyte) dont have the pins for it.

make sure you have the following connectors the right way around (+and -).
pw switch
rw switch(unless its configured to change RGB on fans)..
hard drive led
pw led
also check your 8 pin power cable is fully seated. and fans are all connected (for cpu fan cooler/AIO pump. depending whats attached.. and then check RAM is seated properly . then try again.
sometimes the pc will reboot a few times to reset cmos configuration.. if your fans kick in then you should be set. ..

you could also try and reset the CMOS manually by shorting the pins (check youtube to see how)..

also you have not said what cpu you was using 10th gen or 11th gen? the board should have been bios flash update if your using 11th gen. maybe the shop you got the board from can check for you..

Reactions: INeedHelp404

INeedHelp404

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
https://ibb.co/t40Q03q the wires for audio it seems
https://ibb.co/sRZMryC and these are the ones for usb that i have no idea how to wire them
My pc wont turn on at all so i reinstalled all components and i tried to put the power sw and reset sw in and rearrange them accordingly again still nothing
Maybe you can send me a photo of your motherboard layout if you still have one.
I dont mind if its dusty or poor cable management as you are helping me on Christmas eve
Edit Cpu is an i5 11600k

Last edited:

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
the audio wires should be easy to solve (go to your manual for the motherboard on page 16 ,under section 10 for "front audio" it shows the pin pic line up. you should be able to use that to add correct wires, from what i saw online you will only need L-in,L-out, r-in ,r-out and gnd(ground).

as for the other wires, i dont recognise them and they dont match any on the manual diagrams.(they could be old USB 1 wires).. ,im guessing this is an old case. as all new/modern cases have the cables in a block. so they just slip over "audio, usb ,etc. . check on the inside of your side panel.(some older cases would have the pin diagrams printed on them..

i hope someone can shine some light on the other wires for you.

my motherboard was version 1, yours is version 2. they are slightly different. but you google your version it will take you to gigabytes site and you can see your manual online.

you can leave of the fpanel audio cables. they wont stop the pc from working. as long as you have the front panel power, reset switch and leds(for power and hdd). and you have the main 24 pin ATX power cable plugged in and the 8 pin atx cable plugged in.. then you will be ok.. you ..if the pc boots then you are ok.

im guessing with the 11600k you have a good cpu cooler attached, and plugged in correctly.

Solution
Your case should have some front panel leads like PWR,HDD,RST,Pled.
You can start a motherboard by momentarily shorting the two PWR front panel leads.
Your motherboard manual should have a diagram of the front panel header.
This is what one looks like:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwjH2v7E2P30AhU-wCkDHT8hBRsQMygBegUIARCBAg
The led connections are polarity sensitive. + and - need to be correct.
If you plug them backwards, no harm, they just don't light.
The pwr and rst leads are not polarity sensitive.

INeedHelp404

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
So i worked all night started from 0 again
Made sure the 24 pin and the 8 pin are properly plugged in
The f panel connection all polar corect and made sure 3 times
Processor properly seated same for the cooler
Ram all the way in
Audio managed to put it in well
All should be in order and well inserted
But when i turn on the pc from the power supply
I get a brief light up from the gpu led
The power button still doesnt work despite being plugged in properly
Maybe it's a faulty case? Or it is so old that it doesnt work with this motherboard?
Thanks
Edit: I am now jump starting the motherboard
The psu starts and tries to spin for one brief second
Gpu lights up same for a brief second
Then all stops again
My psu is not strong enough? It should have no problem starting the pc
Edit 2: i have connected my psu with some old parts to an old motherboard and it runs just fine
So my psu is not dead
Did i get a faulty mobo?

Last edited:

INeedHelp404

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
are all the fans plugged in? especially the 1 from the cpu cooler. .

all the info you have provided would suggest a possible faulty motherboard.
I installed this cooler on another motherboard with the psu and without he gpu ran just fine
So i scrapped the whole case, rebuilt it gave it a jump start with the new mobo and worked
Apparently something was wrong
Still not sure probably the 8 pin or something
But now my pc runs just fine thanks man

Reactions: steveb1976