New Motherboard & Power Supply Keep Rebooting Every Few Seconds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDraac

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
From the post code list I posted for you.... I would say it's this....

Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly

Card not seated properly or NO card.... same error. Put the Celeron in and add a Video card & monitor.

seidleroni

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Draac - I finally got my whole system working with my original CPU. It turns out one of my memory sticks was bad which caused the Video card error (not sure why). Although in the past I tried it with only one stick at a time, after 8 seconds all the lights on the motherboard went out like it was restarting, but it did not restart. What I noticed is that when I put only one stick of RAM in, I got the one quick beep code from the BIOS (the 'All Clear').

I'm in the middle of setting up windows now, but everything appears to work fine.

Moral of story: Spend the $3, put in a case speaker to help you diagnose!

TheDraac

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Good to hear you finally got it figured out. I didn't think it was memory either because I thought you said you tested it with one stick as well. Sometimes I've found that you need to insert, remove and reinsert components. Whether it's ram, an add in card (video, sound, etc) just to get things seated good. Computers can be VERY finicky sometimes.

As for not getting a speaker.... I blame Antec. Friggin 5 cent part to them.

Anyway, take it easy.

G

I had the exact same problem you had. And as you explained, it was a faulty RAM. Anyone with the same symptoms described in the first post, should first remove a RAM module, if the problem persists, remove the other RAM module and insert the first (removed) RAM module, if the problem persists, replace the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.