New motherboard, reinstalling windows

woopsi

Commendable
May 13, 2016
So i wanted to change a gpu and i ended buying and a new motherboard. Thing is when i can't find any proper windows 7 iso so i can reinstall. Would it work if i download the windows 10 iso again? I'm asking because before the new motherboard i had windows 10 already and i don't know if have to use the serial key which i don't have since i had bought the computer 4-5 years ago. Also the bios on new motherboard is different and i'm currently using elementaryOS(linux).
Motherboard is ASROCK h61m-vg4
Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since you have a new motherboard windows 10 will want a new licence key. windows matches itself to your motherboard and unless the replacement is a very similar model, there is a big chance you need a new licence. you can install it and see and try to contact Microsoft but big chance you have to buy new key.

woopsi

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Win10 is free until july, isn't it? Also, i can't enter to my account via log in screen since keyboard/mouse work only in bios which means i can't reinstall via the windows tool. I found some win7 iso but they didn't work and now i download win10 iso, will win10 is already install but i want to reinstall. That's what i want to ask, if this will work

Colif

Win 11 Master
win 10 is free for upgrades from win 7 or win 8, but yours isn't an upgrade. Yours is a new pc in Microsoft's eyes.

Unless your win 7 or 8 were retail copies then your old install is forever linked to your old motherboard.

If they are retail copies, then yes, you can use a win 10 iso and clean install it on the new board using http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

what is new motherboard? there should be settings to enable USB in bios to let you type.

woopsi

Commendable
May 13, 2016

As i said before it's an asrock h61m-vg4. I tried to search for the options but didn't find it since it's different gui than the old fashioned bios i had on my previous motherboard. So, what are my solutions now? Buying new windows key?

woopsi

Commendable
May 13, 2016

Well, i think i can use linux too but if I'm not wrong new drivers(gpu/mobo) are for windows which means i need to buy windows.
Thanks for your time, in case someone has an alternative idea, drop it.
Thanks again