[SOLVED] New motherboard = tons of issues, help

Aug 13, 2019
Hey

I want to keep everything pretty simple so, all you need to know is I've done an upgrade replacing mobo, cpu and RAM. Mobo comes from Asus as my previous one, cpu is from Intel(as my previous one) and RAM comes from Corsair but it doesn't matter.

I have not done clean Windows installation because I have a lot of <Mod Edit> and saved on my main drive so didn't want to bother, that's probably the most important part of my problem

So the problems are:

1. Overall system feels less snappy, pretty sluggish in a way, random blinks here and there, loads folders slower etc.

2. I fired up Battlefield 1 for a moment, I had around 30-40 fps which is not what I should be getting at all and my guy was basically walking on his own once I pointed direction with WSAD, I literally had no control over him, mouse worked like it was set to 1DPI(only when playing game, cursor was fine)

3. HWmonitor(latest version) doesn't show CPU's clocks nor temps, instead of calling it i5 10600 its name is "Intel Comet Lake", OCCT believed my CPU's temps to be on -1 during stress test

4. My PC boots about 50% of the time, after every necessary restart due to installing some drivers(Armoury Crate from Asus took care of this I just selected every driver possible) it was getting stuck on the "press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS" thing, I had to press power button to turn PC off and then on again in order for it to boot

5. Even Google Chrome feels less than snappy

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hey

I want to keep everything pretty simple so, all you need to know is I've done an upgrade replacing mobo, cpu and RAM. Mobo comes from Asus as my previous one, cpu is from Intel(as my previous one) and RAM comes from Corsair but it doesn't matter.

I have not done clean Windows installation because I have a lot of <Mod Edit> and saved on my main drive so didn't want to bother, that's probably the most important part of my problem

So the problems are:

1. Overall system feels less snappy, pretty sluggish in a way, random blinks here and there, loads folders slower etc.

2. I fired up Battlefield 1 for a moment, I had around 30-40 fps which is not what I should be getting at all and my guy was basically walking...

kanewolf

Titan
Hey

So the problems are:

2. I fired up Battlefield 1 for a moment, I had around 30-40 fps which is not what I should be getting at all and my guy was basically walking on his own once I pointed direction with WSAD, I literally had no control over him, mouse worked like it was set to 1DPI(only when playing game, cursor was fine)

3. HWmonitor(latest version) doesn't show CPU's clocks nor temps, instead of calling it i5 10600 its name is "Intel Comet Lake", OCCT believed my CPU's temps to be on -1 during stress test

4. My PC boots about 50% of the time, after every necessary restart due to installing some drivers(Armoury Crate from Asus took care of this I just selected every driver possible) it was getting stuck on the "press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS" thing, I had to press power button to turn PC off and then on again in order for it to boot

5. Even Google Chrome feels less than snappy
Without a clean OS install, there is no easy to determine where your problems are. You have an OS that still has remnants of your old build polluting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution