Question New motherboard

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I think my msi x299 raider mobo died. It's been atleast a week since I submitted an rma and still have no response from msi. If it's not my cpu, I will have to send them my motherboard. The x299 raider is pretty old so i doubt they will have a replacement so I'm guessing they're going to offer a refund. I've heard that evga has good customer service and I have a 1000w psu from them that's really nice and built well. Does evga make good motherboards? I was looking at the x299 dark but it only has 4 ram slots and it's pretty ugly. Other than that they only have mini atx boards which I have no interest in. Are there any other good brands with good customer service?

I'm pretty disappointed since I was always told MSI was one of the best. I've been told to stay away from Asus. Is gigabyte any good? I really like there keyboards.

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
Depends on customer to customer, ive been always fan of ASUS. Why not give it a go yourself.
I believe asus or asrock is well known for horrible customer service. I ended up buying a evga x299 ftw k but it didnt fix the issue, I had my ram and cpu replaced and it works now. Highly recomend evga, I paid $150 for it and got a way nicer board than the msi one I paid $230 for. My only complaint is the lack of software. The led software will only do rainbow or one solid color and it constantly crashes. They also dont have any software for controlling fan speed. They have pretty interesting software that you can download but it doesnt work unless you have an all evga system. The bios is neat and simple but some of the stuff is hard to find. The fan control tab is under the advanced settings tab which makes no sense and since I have multiple boot drives in my system, it was a huge pain to get it to boot from the one I wanted. I am getting very stable high overclocks on my cpu and I think this board would handle the big cpus with no problems.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS