chubbza5

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
I know there are a lot of good motherboards out there right now but i am not sure which one to get. I am building a lower end high end computer (about $1000). I am thinking about getting a new 7800GT or an X800xl depending on how much money i have, paired up with an AMD ATHLON64 3200-3400 venice 939. I am currently looking at the ASUS A8N-E, but i hear mixed reviews from it. Any suggestions about what board to get under $150 would be greatly appreciated. I am also not interested in SLI, and I dont need a hardcore o'cing board. I will dabble into overclocking when games start pushing the limits of my hardware a little more. I can flash a bios and all that, I just dont need a board that is TOO complicanted, because I just graduated from n00b class. Thanks guys.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/features/mboard/article.php/3548856" target="_new">this review</A> and tell me what your best bang for the buck is

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>