[SOLVED] New Motherboards shipped from China

I'm considering buying a new B360 chipset motherboard from Newegg that states "Ships from China" in the description. My concern is it could be a counterfeit?

My plan is to put my currently unused i5-9600K in it with 16Gb 2666 RAM to upgrade an archaic PC (Q9550 and 8Gb RAM) used for internet and email.

Lutfij

Titan
That depends...what did you end up ordering? Got a link to the board? I mean about 90% or slightly less of gear for the world is made in China, as it's considered the world manufacturing plant(save for all the countries that do their own manufacturing like Australia, in some arenas).

I'm considering buying a new B360 chipset motherboard from Newegg that states "Ships from China" in the description. My concern is it could be a counterfeit?

My plan is to put my currently unused i5-9600K in it with 16Gb 2666 RAM to upgrade an archaic PC (Q9550 and 8Gb RAM) used for internet and email.
I hope you know 90% of what you buy ships from china
Best way to check for counterfit is match the board to the one on their website and double check when it arrives it's the same as the photo

Most of the time you buy something that's fake they will post the real photo to convince the buyer it's real... It's when it arrives you have to be sure they shipped the right item

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Possibly, depends if it is a generic motherboard or from a recognizable brand. All Newegg Sellers in the marketplace should be treated cautiously, just like ordering from Amazon (not fulfilled by Amazon), Aliexpress, Ebay, etc.

There are a lot of re-manufactured boards that come out of China. These are not counterfeit. They take broken motherboards, harvest them for silicon, and place the chips on new boards of their own design. They are usually basic and you are not necessarily going to have the most robust BIOS. Though some of them have really neat capabilities from time to time in the form of unexpected ports or support for a wider range of chips than would be typical with a retail board. (B360 can run Skylake and Kabylake chips with a little tweaking of the BIOS)

You can always take it to your local computer shop to be flashed. You might be able to ask the seller if they know what BIOS it has as well, sometimes there are stickers on the box to indicate this.

Always ebay, seem to be some decent boards around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285039475858?epid=10031751316
I see if the local Micro Center will do the flashing for me. The case I'm planning on using only takes Micro-ATX motherboards. Thanks anyway!