New MSI 570Ti not working.

kyanite

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi guys.
I currently have an XFX 5770 Slim edition in my PC.
I uninstalled the ATI drivers through control panel (HOWEVER don't think they have uninstalled properly because with the GPU still in the PC, my resolution is still 1080p? Shouldn't it have gone too 800x600 or something? + Driver Manager still recognises it as a ATI Radeon 5770?

When I swap it out for the MSI 750Ti, it powers up, the fans spin, but I get 'No Signal' on my monitor.

A friend suggested I should install the drivers THEN plug in the GPU. Internet is suggesting it could be an old motherboard BIOS? (Gigabyte ga-z68a-d3-b3)

I'm baffled really. But I'm not convinced with how ATI uninstalled the drivers.
I seem to remember back in the day on an old PC when I uninstalled Nvidia drivers to install the 5770 in, I had to go through a period where the resolution was really small.

Any ideas guys?

Also my network adapter on the mobo seems to have stopped working. When changing out the GPUs I forgot to disconnect my PC from the electricity and it stopped it from turning on for 5-10 mins. However I disconnected it, waited and came back and it turned on (I'm thinking about the memory thing the motherboard does).
I've googled the network adapter issue and someone seems to have recommended that one just removes the PC from the electricity and wait a while then it will reset and the network adapter on the mobo will come back to life.
Fortunately I have a USB wifi adapter lying around which I am using to connect to the internet atm.
The reason I have mentioned the network adapter is so that you know what I've been through so far at least.

But yeah, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

kyanite

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Just an update. I tried leaving the PC unplugged to fix the network adapter but unfortunately still to no avail. It lights up when I put an ethernet cable in it however the PC itself just does not detect anything.

Also when I shut down the PC, it shuts down but power still seems to circulate since fans & lights stay on and I have to do a hard power off.

However my main problem at the moment really is getting the 750Ti to function. Anyone have any clue whatsoever?

kyanite

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Right, my plan once I get home is to take out my CMOS battery and hope the reset will fix the LAN adapter issue on the mobo & shutting down issue.
Then regardless of whether that has worked or not, I'll replace the 5770 with the 570Ti again and see if I get a display by connecting to onboard. If I do, I can use that to install the 570Ti drivers and see if that breathes life in to it.
If not, then I guess I have a faulty card and should take it back?

kyanite

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
In fact, it just occurred to me that my motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics... so that reduces hope of not having a dud of a gpu. I guess we gotta hope removing the CMOS battery fixes things.

kyanite

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Disconnected the old GPU.
Removed the CMOS battery for 10-15mins.
Returned the CMOS battery.
Connected the new GPU.
Turned on the PC... CMOS reset worked, display shown on screen!

TRENDING THREADS