[SOLVED] New MSI Bravo 15 Laptop, DPC_Watchdog_Violation with clean install Windows 10 Education

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Possible culprits are the following: NVMe SSD, RAM was upgraded to 64GB (This worked fine with the manufacturer's Windows 10 Home installation), I installed using older version of Windows 10.
I have 5-10 minutes after booting into Windows, it then freezes or DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSODs.

Updating Windows 10 would probably resolve the issue but the laptop freezes/BSODs before I'm able to do that. I hope to install drivers which will keep the laptop stable enough for me to Windows update but I don't know which drivers would do this and that's what I'm asking for help on.

I installed the graphics, chipset, and audio drivers from MSI, the wifi driver failed when I tried to install. I wasn't able to find any other drivers from MSI, there is firmware/BIOS though, would that help? I think the SSD is from Toshiba.

Solution
Resolved the issue. Did an immediate update to 1909 with update assistant and was able to get to the restart phase within 10 minutes. God bless fast internet and fast computers.

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
The RAM was upgraded by the MSI reseller and the laptop was shipped to me with Windows 10 Home and everything was fine.

I wiped everything to install Windows 10 Education. My clean install Windows 10 Education is what's having issues.

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
The ISO is several years old. I installed Education because I had it on hand and Education has almost all the features that Enterprise does. I figured I would install the old version, then just update it. I've used the old ISO + update with 2 previous computers prior to this and everything went smoothly.

In hindsight, I should probably get an updated ISO from the Microsoft website but my laptop will only work for 5-10 minutes so I won't have time to.

Whatever option I go with, the laptop doesn't have a cd drive so my install method will be to Rufus the ISO onto a flash drive.

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Resolved the issue. Did an immediate update to 1909 with update assistant and was able to get to the restart phase within 10 minutes. God bless fast internet and fast computers.

Solution