New multigame marquee design feedback welcomed

Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
people and this is the one that was chosen.

This basic layout was designed not to commit to any specific style of
game play i.e. mazes or shooters. All current designs I have seen from
various mame websites and other repro guys commit to certain characters
that arent necesarily even in the boardset installed.

This marquee is also fully fluorsecent. Pop in a $5 fluoro bulb and
watch this baby light up! And the inkjetters cant print a fluoro design
so it wont be copied.

The side art and cpo will be fluorescent too and are still in the
design stages.

Your thoughts please.

http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame7.jpg

"phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
> Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
> people and this is the one that was chosen.

I like it! For some reason it reminds me of something like Arkanoid meets
80's metal band. :)

-Clay

Clay Cowgill wrote:
> "phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
> > people and this is the one that was chosen.
>
> I like it! For some reason it reminds me of something like Arkanoid
meets
> 80's metal band. :)
>
> -Clay

thanks clay, here is the design that closer resembles arkanoid

http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame3.jpg

i almost like that 2nd pic without the green outline better...they both
look cool but the first one might be bordering on illegible

CDS wrote:
> i almost like that 2nd pic without the green outline better...they
both
> look cool but the first one might be bordering on illegible

if i took away the green outline then it would make a signifigant
difference on the appearence when lit up. green is the most fluoescent
of all colors used.

but thanks for the feedback. its not necesarily a final design and can
be tweaked. i just wanted to see if the basic idea is well recieved.

I like it! Nice work!

Blaine.

- - -

>Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
>people and this is the one that was chosen.
>
>This basic layout was designed not to commit to any specific style of
>game play i.e. mazes or shooters. All current designs I have seen from
>various mame websites and other repro guys commit to certain characters
>that arent necesarily even in the boardset installed.
>
>This marquee is also fully fluorsecent. Pop in a $5 fluoro bulb and
>watch this baby light up! And the inkjetters cant print a fluoro design
>so it wont be copied.
>
>The side art and cpo will be fluorescent too and are still in the
>design stages.
>
>Your thoughts please.
>
>http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame7.jpg

I think its tough on the eyes, but good work nevertheless.

For mine, I scanned the explosion graphic from a Reactor control panel
(the burst where the trackball goes), vectorized it and placed a cool
"Multigame" font over it. I printed the final image over a water slide
transparent decal, and adhered it to a mirror. This was placed behind
some #47 lamps and a partially smokey glass to create a real cool
"infinity effect".

Marcel

I don't care for it. I think the design and letter style is too hard on the
eyes and does not have a universal appeal to women and kids. Basically, it's
not friendly or cutsie enough for a multigame that will have Pac's, DK's,
Burgertime, Mappy, etc. For a multigame, thats the main attraction anyway.
Families buy them to put into their homes. If it were single guys buying the
multigames, then I could see it.

Brian

"phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
> Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
> people and this is the one that was chosen.
>
> This basic layout was designed not to commit to any specific style of
> game play i.e. mazes or shooters. All current designs I have seen from
> various mame websites and other repro guys commit to certain characters
> that arent necesarily even in the boardset installed.
>
> This marquee is also fully fluorsecent. Pop in a $5 fluoro bulb and
> watch this baby light up! And the inkjetters cant print a fluoro design
> so it wont be copied.
>
> The side art and cpo will be fluorescent too and are still in the
> design stages.
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame7.jpg

guinness

Isn't the lettering violating some Def Leppard copyright? :D

http://www.defleppard.com/

tim (NH)

"phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
> Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
> people and this is the one that was chosen.
>
> This basic layout was designed not to commit to any specific style of
> game play i.e. mazes or shooters. All current designs I have seen from
> various mame websites and other repro guys commit to certain characters
> that arent necesarily even in the boardset installed.
>
> This marquee is also fully fluorsecent. Pop in a $5 fluoro bulb and
> watch this baby light up! And the inkjetters cant print a fluoro design
> so it wont be copied.
>
> The side art and cpo will be fluorescent too and are still in the
> design stages.
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame7.jpg

I think it's a bit tough on the eyes to read. (of course, I can't think of
anything better so...)

> Clay Cowgill wrote:
>> "phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
>> > Ive got tons of designs that were passed around to a small group of
>> > people and this is the one that was chosen.
>>
>> I like it! For some reason it reminds me of something like Arkanoid
> meets
>> 80's metal band. :)
>>
>> -Clay
>
> thanks clay, here is the design that closer resembles arkanoid
>
> http://members.aol.com/azarcadegames/multigame3.jpg

ok thanks for the bad feedback guys :(

back to the drawing board

Print that bitch! you will never get everyone to agree on one. I like
it. Great work!