Question New network adapter not showing WiFi networks (is found in Device Manager)

Aliesha_1

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
Hi guys!

I bought an older Asus PCE-AC88 network adapter to replace my current card.

Its all up in device manager, and I was able to even able to find an update driver just in case that's the issue. But still my PC is showing "No Wi-Fi networks found".

I was able to put in my old card to test and it still works with wifi, so it looks like there's an issue just with the AC88. I've tried looking online too, but so far my keywords keep finding forums where the card is completely missing from Device Manager - which is not the issue here.

Anyone have any ideas before I just go back to the older card?

Aliesha_1

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
In Device Manager > View

Is "Show hidden devices" checked?

Show Hidden File was not checked. I've checked it now and still "No Wi-Fi networks found", but under Device Manager > Network Adapters I have a few extra options like Bluetooth PAN and "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz".

Also no change regarding my current adapter, it's still appearing under Device Manager > Network Adapters.

Aliesha_1

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
Also I've played around again today with Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > Wi-Fi 2 (ASUS PCE-AC88 etc...).

It's asked me to turn off the router (remembering its finding NO networks, whereas my laptop/other pcs/phone/playstation etc can find more than 5. I have turned off and on the router - just in case - with no change. Diagnostic tool has only said "Problems found: problem with wireless adapter or access point: Not Fixed"

Ralston18

Titan
With the old/original working wifi network adapter installed go to the Command Prompt and run "iponfig /all" (without quotes). Post the results.

Then do the same with the AC88 installed and post those results.

In both cases, ensure that only the one network adapter is installed and enabled.

It may simply narrow down to the AC88 being faulty or defective in some manner.

"ipconfig /all" comparison may or may not be useful.

It may also prove interesting if you ping the respective network adapter's IP addresses from another known working computer.

Determine if one or both cards respond.

Aliesha_1

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
Hey guys!

Alright so both results from IPCONGIF/ALL definetely different, possibly interesting. But I'm not sure what to do about them.

The AC-88 results (pictured here also include other adapters that I have removed from network adapters, it also includes a VPN that I uninstalled and can no longer be found in programs (as recommended by an online article) .

Below for AC-88 results:

View: https://imgur.com/fmGhIbl

Below for original adapter (currently connected)

View: https://imgur.com/BjnN1Z5

Please note both adapters are using the same PCE adapter in the Motherboard