New Networked LED Bulb Provides Wireless Light Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea but will wait for the price to drop, it's not even the 60$ a bulb that gets at me, it's the 200$ starter fee, also, wonder if I can control it from my computer and how much hassle setting that up would be...

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I think there will only be ONE smart bulb. Everyone should check out this Kickstarter project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented?ref=live

Their bulbs don't require a bridge to work. Everything is contained within the "master" bulb, then you have basically "slave" bulbs. I swear this is not spam :) I saw this article and thought of this. Their bulbs work on any platform. They are not out yet, but watch the video and be amazed.

[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]I like the idea but will wait for the price to drop, it's not even the 60$ a bulb that gets at me, it's the 200$ starter fee, also, wonder if I can control it from my computer and how much hassle setting that up would be...[/citation]
$60 per bulb x3 blubs is $180
The starter kit comes with 3 bulbs, plus a wireless router/controller for 50 bulbs for $200

... and somehow you think the starter kit is expensive, and the bulbs are not?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]I like the idea but will wait for the price to drop, it's not even the 60$ a bulb that gets at me, it's the 200$ starter fee, also, wonder if I can control it from my computer and how much hassle setting that up would be...[/citation]
the 200$ starter isnt that horrificly expensive to me, but the 60$ bulbs... i already pay 30$ a bulb for led lights (you ever have a cfl catch fire on you, or when they burn out they smell like frying electronics, and you are willing to pay a premium for piece of mind) but i would not pay 60 for this. maybe 40$

i would only consider 60$ if these were 120 watt equivilant bulbs but im doubting they are.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
White 60w LED replacements for recessed lighting fixtures run about $50 ea at Lowes. I've been pricing them to replace some lights in my laundry room. Color changing multicolor LED light bars (4 to a pack) non-networked (wired remote) cost $50 ea, and I have one of these in my living room.

These lights by Phillips are networked and can change color... That's worth an extra $10 to me. Not to mention the life expectancy on LEDs blow away the way overstated life of CFLs, while using half the power.

That doesn't mean you need to change every light in your house with these. What it means is, if you want to color shift your living room or bedroom, this will let you do it for a couple hundred dollars. All jokes aside, you really aren't going to need to set moods in toilet or hallway.

G

led bulbWe offer a wide spectrum of LED bulbs. These are developed using premium grade material sourced from trusted vendors. The entire gamut has earned huge reputation in the market for their host of qualitative features. These are offered in various specifications and finds application in diverse industries. Our range consists of white LED bulb and high power LED bulb. for more information visit:www.ledtechshop.com

G

led bulbWe offer a wide spectrum of LED bulbs. These are developed using premium grade material sourced from trusted vendors. The entire gamut has earned huge reputation in the market for their host of qualitative features. These are offered in various specifications and finds application in diverse industries. Our range consists of white LED bulb and high power LED bulb. for more information visit:www.ledtechshop.com

G

Status
Not open for further replies.