New Nexaria 3G/4G Router Ships in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Curious... It's simply capable of using a 3G/4G modem to establish an internet connection for your network? Why would anyone choose 3G/4G over cable, FiOS, or business-class DSL or T1 services if they're available?

censoredsoft

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
wasabiman123, RazberyBandit, nesto1000....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Wiki+4G

It is a wireless router built off the current and next generation cellular internet access. I'll let you use your imagination as to why someone might want a wireless router.

Freedom people, the freedom to move your connection to the internet to any place that has power and is in range of the tower.

Personally, I don't value freedom enough to loose the performance provided by my FIOS. Give me a 100MBps pipe I can take with my anywhere for what I'm paying now and I'll loose the wires

nekoangel

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
What makes this wireless solution reliable enough compared to hard lines for a small to medium sized business?

I can not see many businesses wanting to run all there traffic on the cellular network. Hell looks at what so many iPhones have done to AT&T's network. Not to mention the price and bandwidth limits(cap) on cellular internet

G

$99 for a 300mbps router?
That sounds nice!
About 3x faster than my 2 yrs old Wireless G modem. Great enough to transfer files over a network!
100mbps is bitchslow! (about 8MB/s on a 100mbps).

If I had a gigabit network card I could send files at about the average transfer speed of a harddrive (mine goes 18 MB/s)

Scooder

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I know several people and a few small offices that would love this product. There are similar products out now, although none AFAIK have wireless-N and integrated 3G/4G.

People who live in new areas or out of cable/DSL areas, as well as businesses in plazas that don't want to pay the cable company $10,000 to install a line. $100 can't be beat.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
I would use one of these in a remote location that had terrible hardwired internet connections. The 3G/4G would be slow but better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS