New Nintendo Power

The new Nintendo power has a great article about the DS and a bunch of
screen shots from upcoming games like Castlevania, Zoo Keeper and Age of
Empires 2. Definetly something to check out.

AceoHearts

Fish

AceoHearts sez...

> The new Nintendo power has a great
> article about the DS and a bunch of
> screen shots from upcoming games

Which issue? What picture is on the cover?

I think I saw it last week, but didn't buy it.

Are you recommending this particular issue?

--
I am the fish and I approve this message.
______________

It has a picture of the DS on the cover. I am reccomending it if you want
to get a look at the games in production for the DS.

AceoHearts

AceoHearts wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:

> It has a picture of the DS on the cover. I am reccomending it if you
> want to get a look at the games in production for the DS.

Be sure to mention the volume number, if you can. While the current issue,
Volume 192 (June 2005), has a DS on the cover, Volume 187 (December 2004)
also had a DS on the cover.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

Actually the issue I am refering to I just recieved was Issue 191, May 2005.
It contains a lot of info about upcoming DS games including a breakdown by
publisher of games that are supposed to be released in 2005. It also
contains a poster of new screen shots of the new Zelda game. I am not sure
how you got June 2005 Volume 192.

AceoHearts

AceoHearts wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:

> Actually the issue I am refering to I just recieved was Issue 191, May
> 2005. It contains a lot of info about upcoming DS games including a
> breakdown by publisher of games that are supposed to be released in
> 2005. It also contains a poster of new screen shots of the new Zelda
> game. I am not sure how you got June 2005 Volume 192.

Sorry, my bad -- I looked on the Nintendo Power page at nintendo.com, and
saw the cover you were referring to. Unfortunately, the portion of the
cover with the issue number was cut off, and the most recent date mentioned
on that page as the June 2005 date. <^^;;;;;

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

Fish

AceoHearts sez...

> Actually the issue I am refering to I just
> recieved was Issue 191, May 2005.

Wow, it's not even April and you have the May issue.

Someone at Nintendo Power Magazine really screwed up the dates.

> It contains a lot of info about upcoming
> DS games including a breakdown by
> publisher of games that are supposed
> to be released in 2005. It also contains
> a poster of new screen shots of the new
> Zelda game.

I've never been able to get into a Zelda game. I suppose that the Super
Mario series is just fun and addictive.

I tried the WarioWare Touched at the store the other day. That seemed like
fun, but it was just too fast paced and too short. I suppose that's the
purpose.

> I am not sure how you got
> June 2005 Volume 192.

Perhaps he is on their mailing list?

--

fish wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:

> AceoHearts sez...
>
>> Actually the issue I am refering to I just
>> recieved was Issue 191, May 2005.
>
> Wow, it's not even April and you have the May issue.
>
> Someone at Nintendo Power Magazine really screwed up the dates.

That, or NP has a really agressive production and release schedule.

The most recent issue on newsstands is the April 2005 issue (Volume 190),
with the cover article on Killer 7.

--

"fish" <i.am.such.a.fish@atlantic.ocean> wrote in message
> Wow, it's not even April and you have the May issue.
>
> Someone at Nintendo Power Magazine really screwed up the dates.

Actually, this is pretty common in the magazine industry. I remember when I
used to subscribe to Mad magazine I'd get February of the next year during
the fall, or something nearly as bad. Now that was screwed up. I assume this
was to ensure a certain month's issue can be on all newstands by the date on
the magazine, started when shipping was less efficient than it is now.

--
figmentPez

"Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
> Be sure to mention the volume number, if you can. While the current issue,
> Volume 192 (June 2005), has a DS on the cover, Volume 187 (December 2004)
> also had a DS on the cover.

Volume 192 has Killer 7 on the cover. (and Resident Evil 4 and Castlevania
pics smaller, and the tagline "Wario Shows His Wares" in the upper corner.)

--
figmentPez

> Volume 192 has Killer 7 on the cover. (and Resident Evil 4 and Castlevania
> pics smaller, and the tagline "Wario Shows His Wares" in the upper
> corner.)

That is actually Volume 190

"AceoHearts" <bhoran@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

>> Volume 192 has Killer 7 on the cover. (and Resident Evil 4 and
>> Castlevania
>> pics smaller, and the tagline "Wario Shows His Wares" in the upper
>> corner.)
>
> That is actually Volume 190

Doh!

jase

> The new Nintendo power has a great article about the DS and a bunch of
> screen shots from upcoming games like Castlevania, Zoo Keeper and Age of
> Empires 2. Definetly something to check out.

Is anything mentioned about the Xenosaga DS game?