Question New nvenc and i7-9700k

May 20, 2019
Hello guys. I ordered my i7-9700k two days ago from amazon. For gaming, video capturing, streaming, rendering(on vegaspro15). Usually I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2. Also for the future, just in case something new interesting comes.
Now i'm starting to think that i did a big mistake. Could someone explain what for do we need nearly top cpu such as i7-9700k when we can just use nvenc which works great. As far as i know and on the tests that i looked, nvenc now on RTX cards has nearly the same quality. Because rtx cards have new nvenc chip, but i'm not sure. I think it would be better if i take something like i5-9600k(or something like this) and spend the difference for a better gpu. Even on vegas pro 15 you can use nvenc, on OBS too and shadowplay use only it.
And even i7-9700k as far as i know now a good choice for streaming (no hyperthreading) I was planning to pair it with Rtx 2070(i still didn't order a gpu)
Very confused now.
In that case i did a very bad choice :c
Or no?
Could someone explain, I'm very upset now. And starting to think to cancel somehow dispatched i7-9700k if it's possible. Appreciate your solutions

May 18, 2019
i think you should increase your power supply to atleast 750 W Gold , and a better liquid cooler like
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L (RGB1.0) CPU Liquid Cooler
if you are going for i7 9700k, and rtx 2060. To avoid extreme heating and sudden drop in frame rates you need a better power supply and a good liquid cooler.

9700k is a very capable processor and will last very long, i dont think you made any wrong choice on that. if you haven't ordered your gpu yet, you can change your founders edition RTX 2060 with Zotac AMP edition RTX 2060. OR MSI Ventus XS RTX 2060 for better performance.

Reactions: willbepunishedd
May 20, 2019
i think you should increase your power supply to atleast 750 W Gold , and a better liquid cooler like
if you are going for i7 9700k, and rtx 2060. To avoid extreme heating and sudden drop in frame rates you need a better power supply and a good liquid cooler.

9700k is a very capable processor and will last very long, i dont think you made any wrong choice on that. if you haven't ordered your gpu yet, you can change your founders edition RTX 2060 with Zotac AMP edition RTX 2060. OR MSI Ventus XS RTX 2060 for better performance.
I'm planning to build a mini-itx pc.
In ncase m1 with 6 fans and nh-c14s. In tests and other user experience it works well even with oc i9-9900k.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Mini-itx will depend on the case, and how good of an airflow that case will provide, if you're going with a small case.
And i don't think a small cooler like that will be able to cool down such a beast that runs hot.

May 20, 2019
Mini-itx will depend on the case, and how good of an airflow that case will provide, if you're going with a small case.
And i don't think a small cooler like that will be able to cool down such a beast that runs hot.
I'm not a pro builder. But there are a lot builds with nh-c14s and u9s in that case with good air system(a lot of fans). Which work well.
And the problem that i ordered my cpu cooler 😪

May 20, 2019

And about power supply so 60pw is bad?...
Because i ordered it too.. platinum sf600 corsair

May 20, 2019
Only way to find out is by trying to be honest, and it will depend on your room temperature, the hotter your room gets the worse your temps will get.
Probably you are right. We will see. But hopefully it shoud be okay. If a lot of builds or sff reddit are not lie xd
Ncase m1 very expensive and very small case. But with a lot of fans, it works well even oc if i can believe to others builds

May 20, 2019