Question New NVIDA GTX 1060 crashed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 24, 2019
Hi all,

My brand new GTX 1060 in my newly built PC appears to have suddenly and mysteriously stopped working. It simply won’t display properly. I’ve reinstalled windows and the drivers and it doesn’t display properly. When I turned it off before work it was fine but now you can see the pictures. Any ideas? It hasn’t been touched and has worked perfect until today.

Also the fans only spin on the Graphics Card while it booting and stop spinning when windows Boots.

Last edited:

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
If video output on motherboard has the same issue as video output on graphics card, then it's either display cable or display itself at fault there.

Yes, you're absolutely right, but you as an IT man know there is always something you still dont know.
As we learn everyday new things. Never find the error, pinpoint it out, that's how i do and it always get's me trough problems :D

Couldn’t have done it without the help of those who responded here. I’m not technically minded at all and was panicking. Thanks heaps to everyone who offered assistance

Glad to hear you found the problem and hope it will get fixed asap :p