New NVIDIA 6800

Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?

Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series or
just the 6800?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

They're saying $399 for the Ultra and $299 for non ultra.

DaveL

"CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
>
> Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series
or
> just the 6800?

user

Splendid

CCK wrote:

> Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
>
> Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series or
> just the 6800?

You'll probably have to sell your left nut to afford one....

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:31:16 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>They're saying $399 for the Ultra and $299 for non ultra.

It's late here, but if I recall correctly from the reviews, the list
price of the Ultra will be $499 and the list price of the non-Ultra
will be $299 at retail release. Ultra memory as shipped is 256Meg,
I believe, although the NV40 can handle 512Meg. The memory
size on the non-Ultra is currently not revealed.

I paid $250 for my first Voodoo1 card.

My.....haven't we come on a bit in graphics acceleration since then !

John Lewis

>DaveL
>

>"CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
>>
>> Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series
>or
>> just the 6800?

6800 Ultra: $499.
6800: $299.

--
DaveW

"CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
>
> Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series
or
> just the 6800?

NaDa

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:31:16 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >They're saying $399 for the Ultra and $299 for non ultra.
> >

> It's late here, but if I recall correctly from the reviews, the list
> price of the Ultra will be $499 and the list price of the non-Ultra
> will be $299 at retail release. Ultra memory as shipped is 256Meg,
> I believe, although the NV40 can handle 512Meg. The memory
> size on the non-Ultra is currently not revealed.
>
> I paid $250 for my first Voodoo1 card.
>
> My.....haven't we come on a bit in graphics acceleration since then !
>
> John Lewis

I still remember the TNT days. I've never done an upgrade before
where I've changed cards only after three months -- this might be the
first time. While I'm pleased with the average performance on my
5900XT, 6800 non-Ultra sure is cooking in the back of my head like a
sparky chilli. I just hope that this time nVidia won't fool the
consumer eyes with too many cut downs, massive hype advertising based
on numbers like with the previous line-up. Twelve pipes against the
16 and slightly reduced memory specs I can live with, but any more
changes to the regular 6800 I can't accept. The regular 6800 might be
the consumer's new queen card if the price is kept within 200-300
dollar/euro range. With the Ultra model would come a monitor upgrade
(19 to 21 inch), since there isn't a resolution the Ultra can't handle
in any of the released games. I just hope that I can live with my
400w Quiet Technology power supply that has been pleasing to the ears.

When are they supposed to be in the stores?

> 6800 Ultra: $499.
> 6800: $299.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
> >
> > Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series
> or
> > just the 6800?

Best Buy's website has the Ultra priced as: "1 left nut minus a $40 mail-in
rebate."

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 02:30:12 GMT, "CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>When are they supposed to be in the stores?

May - June..............

John Lewis

>"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> 6800 Ultra: $499.
>> 6800: $299.
>>
>> --
>> DaveW
>>

>> "CCK" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> > Anyone know the ball park price for one of these yet?
>> >
>> > Is the 6800 going to be several different models like the 5000 FX series
>> or
>> > just the 6800?

In news:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, ")-()-(" <email@address.com>
posted on Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:58:31 -0600:

> You'll probably have to sell your left nut to afford one....

I'm betting that one could stay on the cutting edge of graphics
acceleration by always buying a new card as soon as they come out, then
sell your old one on eBay. It would make that $500 graphics card a $300
graphics card if you can get $200 for your old one that might now be
retailing for $279.