Question New nvidia driver download messed up my monitor ?

Nov 11, 2022
So i downloaded the new nvidia driver as of 11/11/22 a when u downloaded it an installed it my monitors colors look way off blurry not displaying right but my other monitor is fine. i rolled back to the driver i had before i installed this new one an nothing changed back it’s like it messed it up. i tried different display port cables an still nothing worked. so what could it be ?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitors: make, model, connectivity? GPU, iGPU. DVI, HDMI, DP?

Manually download the Nvidia drivers again. No third party tools or installers. The "new" driver may have been corrupted, buggy, or simply incorrect for the build.

If the problem continues, roll back to the previous driver version to determine if that version still works without problems.

Nov 11, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitors: make, model, connectivity? GPU, iGPU. DVI, HDMI, DP?

Manually download the Nvidia drivers again. No third party tools or installers. The "new" driver may have been corrupted, buggy, or simply incorrect for the build.

If the problem continues, roll back to the previous driver version to determine if that version still works without problems.
i rolled back to the previous driver an it still didn’t change anything. ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN 24.5” connected thru Display port, downloaded thru geforce experience, then tried NVCleaninstaller

Ralston18

Titan
Nov 11, 2022
Did the roll back include the last known drivers that did work?

Try installing the Asus Monitor drivers:

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/23-to-24-5-inches/rog-swift-360hz-pg259qn-model/

[Do verify that I found the correct monitor.]

Failing that try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to fix windows files:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central
i rolled it back to the last driver i had it on an it didn’t work either. an i’ll try that an hopefully it works. here’s a video though to see what it’s doing monitor video

TRENDING THREADS