New nvidia drivers causes windows protection error

Hi,
I downloaded the detonator 3 drivers v12.41 ... it has a TNT PCI card and no my bro has no money to buy a new one so shutup about purchasing a new one. Anyway, i installed it and rebooted and i get a windows protection error before it even loads windows.. no blue screen.. it is a BLACK screen with a one line text thats says windows protection fault please reboot .. i did that returns me into safe mode.. i remove the drivers i installed with the standard pci drivers and it loads up windows just fine. So i know it is the drivers.

Does anyone have a clue?

I'm trying to find earlier versons but [-peep-] nvidia seemed to have takin all of them down and suck ass nvidia has no [-peep-] support informaton.. besides drivers... but hello.. they don't work...

nvidia is pissin me off at this point.. at least ATI can be contacted and they email back the next business day and you can download previous beta released drivers.

Nvidia = Intel = Sucks

just pissed
thanks if you got anything!
-Jeff

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Try <A HREF="http://www.videocarddrivers.com" target="_new">http://www.videocarddrivers.com</A>
Go to the drivers section, then to Nvidia.

They have all of the NVIDIA drivers from like 2.25 all the way up to 12.40. I think I'm using 12.40 with my AGP TNT2 card and they seem to work for me. But, I guess it depends on the system.

The other thing you might want to try is to make sure you completely remove the previous drivers, including all registry entries and files. Then install the new card, have it recognize it as a Standard VGA card, then install the newer drivers for it. Sometimes the leftover old drivers can cause problems with the new ones.

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anything newer than the Detonator 2 should actually make the TNT run SLOWER, yes I did say SLOWER. Tom did several articles on this WAY back when Detonator 3 was fairly new. So look for the Detonator2 drivers.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine