New nvidia geforce gtx ti 4gb gpu - no Display

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, I recently purchased a GPU, and when I installed the GPU and rebooted my computer the I see no display, but the computer is on. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Nov 1, 2018

Geforce GTX 1050 TI OC 4G, Yes, i plugged the HDMI cable into the card and the fan spins for 2-3 seconds and just stops. This card was tested in two units at the store.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

If it's an OC model, you probably need to attach an actual power cable to it rather than just drawing from the PCI-E slot.

Nov 1, 2018

There are no ports to do this and, at the store they just inserted into slot and it worked

bignastyid

Titan
Plug the monitor back into the igpu and turn it on, then enter the bios and change the default display device to PEG(pci express graphics) or auto. Another option is to just disable the igpu. Save changes and exit, plug the monitor back into the 1050.

Nov 1, 2018
It only gives me two option for default display device Integrated video or PCIe 1 slot, I selected that option and rebooted and plugged in my GPU and plugged an HDMI cord into it and it still has no display

bignastyid

Titan

I really hope you meant after changed the bios setting youshutdown then installed the 1050 and not that you just rebooted and installed the gpu as that would infer the system was turned on when you installed the gpu.

bignastyid

Titan
Ok. So leave the 1050 in there and plug the monitor back into the motherboard and see if it is still using the igpu. If it is then enter the bios and make sure pci-e is still set as the default(may have reverted if no dedicated gpu was installed when it was changed).

Nov 1, 2018
Ok. so what I did to solve this problem was I set the display option from PCI-e 1 to Integrated graphic then I booted into windows with the graphics card still in the pci-slot. I went to device manager and downloaded the new drivers under the display adapters and re-booted the computer changing the option from integrated graphics to pci-e slot 1 and saved rebooted put my HDMI cord in graphics card and after 10 secs it worked.