New NVME m.2 drive shows up in device manager, not disk management

Jan 31, 2019
How do I get my system to recognize the drive as an actual storage drive? For reference it is a brand new HP Pavilion gaming laptop.

Jan 31, 2019

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15.6" Full HD, Intel Core i5-8300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics, 1TB HDD, 8GB SDRAM, 15-cx0056wm

I'm trying to add a Crucial 500GB NVMe m.2 PCIe drive

Jan 31, 2019

From googling around I've seen advice to enable the m.2 slot in an Advanced tab of the bios, but the bios doesn't have an advanced tab or anything else that seems relevant

Jan 31, 2019

I have the original HDD C: drive with Win10 on it, I've tried using Windows Admin tools to access the drive, as well as disconnecting the HDD and booting from a Windows Installation USB stick (which was my intention with the new SSD anyway to get a clean install). Neither method would recognize the NVMe as a drive, only as a "device" in Device Manager, which says it is working properly. So I'm at a loss...

Feb 24, 2019

I have the original HDD C: drive with Win10 on it, I've tried using Windows Admin tools to access the drive, as well as disconnecting the HDD and booting from a Windows Installation USB stick (which was my intention with the new SSD anyway to get a clean install). Neither method would recognize the NVMe as a drive, only as a "device" in Device Manager, which says it is working properly. So I'm at a loss...
Did you figure it out ?