[SOLVED] new old plasma tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2020
i bought a cheap old plasma tv i want to use as monitor for watching movies/series so i can actually see whats happening on the screen instead of my 21 inch moniter im using now. i came home hyped with a 50 inch tv ready to watch some good movies. only, when i plug in the hdmi cable theres a blackscreen on the tv, how can i idintefy of this tv can be used as a pc moniter?

Solution
Get the manual from the manufacturer's website or contact them directly for a copy. Without the specs you could fish for weeks, or even months and never find the proper settings.
Sep 17, 2020
if you mean select the hdmi1 as channel on the tv, i put it on hdmi1 and put the cable in it and i tried to set the resolution to 1280x720 with the same result. im using remote desktop on my phone to see whats happening on the screen as my com is plugged into the tv because i only have 1 hdmi cable.

Sep 17, 2020
i bought it used from a friend after he got a new one so i didnt get a manual. but i was messing around with nvidia setting through remote desktop as my com was plugged into the tv, and when i changed some settings in resolution settings my desktop flashed breifly on the tv, it did this a couple of times but i have not been able to dublicate this sinse.

im using an asus gtx 1060 6g, i5 4690k, z97 gaming 5 if that helps.

i have disabled my motherboard graphic card but it did nothing.

i can change from 50Hz to 100Hz on the remote and i tried setting my pc to 50Hz with no luck

Start with the lowest resolution and work up.
As a note plasma tv's will burn in the screen if you leave the desktop on.
Your Icons may display while watching movies. Short screen saver time and/or a moving desktop background.

Status
Not open for further replies.