new Omega nvidia drivers.

lee

Hey all

Has anyone tried the new Omega nvidia drivers based on the 53.xx series yet?

Any thoughts.

cheers.
-----
Lee.

> Has anyone tried the new Omega nvidia drivers based on the 53.xx series
> yet?

I tried them last night. Maybe it's just me, but I noticed no change
between them and the 56.72 drivers. I switched back.

lee

Thanks for the reply Brian, well i currently using the 43.23a Omega drivers
for my ti4600 just thought i may see better performance putting new Omega
on.

On Mon, 3 May 2004 15:49:33 -0400, "Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote:

>:>> Has anyone tried the new Omega nvidia drivers based on the 53.xx series
>:>> yet?
>:>
>:>I tried them last night. Maybe it's just me, but I noticed no change
>:>between them and the 56.72 drivers. I switched back.
>:>

-----
Lee.

I tried the Omega's as I use to run them on my (delusional days) 9600
Pro, which they did help over the stock ATI drivers.

The Starstorm drivers work MUCH better on Nvidia stuff than the Omega
stuff, from what I've tested. Right now the benchmark champion for me
is the Starstorm 56.72B series.

The best compromise for me though, is the Starstorm XQ series, which
has the best visual and still gives 3-5 more fps than the stock nvidia
drivers.

I got'em at guru3d.com

Judge <> wrote in message news:<fjjd905v8aqk3uba70gss9a5ij4tb35qit@4ax.com>...
> I tried the Omega's as I use to run them on my (delusional days) 9600
> Pro, which they did help over the stock ATI drivers.
>
> The Starstorm drivers work MUCH better on Nvidia stuff than the Omega
> stuff, from what I've tested. Right now the benchmark champion for me
> is the Starstorm 56.72B series.
>
> The best compromise for me though, is the Starstorm XQ series, which
> has the best visual and still gives 3-5 more fps than the stock nvidia
> drivers.
>
> I got'em at guru3d.com

Omega tweaks for graphic quality, and in case of ati not much must be
"sacrificed" but with nvidia... well we all know that Internally the
FX series downsample quality to gain speed... even with tweaks applied
to it's still not fully gone.