Question New or refurbished UPS

allewyn

Honorable
Sep 28, 2018
I am trying to decide if I should save money by buying a refurbished UPS or just spend the money for a new one.
When I think about a new one needing refurbishment it makes me wonder if new is actually better. Maybe a used one has the bugs worked out.
"Seller refurbished" isn't the same as factory refurbished so I wonder about that.
I'm looking this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/APC-Back-U...nty-FreeShip/112999710996?hash=item1a4f4ec114
IS this brand the best, or maybe another is bet ter?

kanewolf

Titan
If you can find one without batteries, you can save significantly on shipping. They buy your own new batteries. That way you are guaranteed to have brand new batteries. If you can afford it a "smart UPS on-line" type of UPS from APC is the best. That is a double conversion type UPS so the output is constant.

Reactions: allewyn

allewyn

Honorable
Sep 28, 2018
If you can find one without batteries, you can save significantly on shipping. They buy your own new batteries. That way you are guaranteed to have brand new batteries. If you can afford it a "smart UPS on-line" type of UPS from APC is the best. That is a double conversion type UPS so the output is constant.
Interesting because I had been shying away from "no battery", thinking it would cost me more. I need to rethink that. Thanks for the smart tip too.