jaylopez508

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
not sure if this is the right place but i currently have a HDD with win7 and all my gaming files ect ect and i have another HDD inside my pc for just random stuff the 2nd HDD is smaller and i would to just use that as my boot windows 7 device and maybe keep pictures in there and keep all my games in the 1st HDD

i know i have to make a boot image or something but how do i remove windows 7 from my 1st HDD and keep all my games ect and move my OS to the 2nd HDD

Solution
This would be very difficult to do without a 3rd drive to act as a temporary. You would need to back up the smaller drive to a 3rd drive, then clone the larger drive to the smaller one (if cloning software allows this). Then you would have to restore the backup of the smaller drive to the larger drive. The hard part is then trying to get your games from the smaller drive to the larger drive. You would most likely have to uninstall the games and reinstall them on the larger drive. Also, don't forget to switch the boot drive in the bios once it's cloned to the smaller drive.
This would be very difficult to do without a 3rd drive to act as a temporary. You would need to back up the smaller drive to a 3rd drive, then clone the larger drive to the smaller one (if cloning software allows this). Then you would have to restore the backup of the smaller drive to the larger drive. The hard part is then trying to get your games from the smaller drive to the larger drive. You would most likely have to uninstall the games and reinstall them on the larger drive. Also, don't forget to switch the boot drive in the bios once it's cloned to the smaller drive.

Solution