New OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Building my yearly computer and hit a stand still so far with picking OS. As of right now im using Debian and windows xp for my gaming and debian for everything else. I bought my wife a Laptop it had vista home premium...

I like the look and Feel of Vista. didnt have any problems. One thing i dont like about vista is that freakin adminstrator pop up. when i get on it i just disable it.

I have not beta'ed windows 7 yet but everything ive read is great about it.

I guess my question Is Windows 7 really worth the wait or should i go ahead and get vista. And not sure if anyone could answer this next question but. If you buy windows Vista after July 1 would you qualify for the Free upgrade. or do you have to buy from a dell or other companys of that nature?

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
lol yeah Guess tahts what im going to do. hate to put xp on my new system then have to format to do a fresh install of windows 7. Heard that you could only upgrade from vista. so that is giong to suck

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
You can disable that admin pop up in Vista. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, and there is a link to change user account security...something like that. You would uncheck a box that the link points to and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.