New overclockable motherboard

JimmyMcAwesome

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
Alright, so im getting a new computer E6400 with 2 GB of OCZ DDR2-800 PC2-6400 XTC and a 8800GTS 320... im not gonna spring for SLI so i dont need that.

So far for the motherboard, im thinking of the Asus P5B-E or the Gigabyte DS3, now ive read that the gigabyte has better stock performance, but doesn't overclock as well (its also 10 or 20 bucks cheeper).
Also, theres 2 models i could find for the DS3, theres the 965G and 965P does anyone know what the difference is, other then $10.
Im willing to hear any other suggestions, theres also the P5B Deluxe, but i dont know if thats worth the extra 50 bucks.

VoRogue

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Don't touch a Gigabyte Motherboard. Even though they say they are overclockable if anything goes wrong they simply wring their hands and walkaway. I know, I have one that has to sit every morning in the setupscreen while I make a coffee before it can be booted up.

Gigabytes response was similar to George W Bushes latest stupidity about his mate doing favors for his girlfriend in the World Bank. A lack of understanding of the perceptions coupled by 2 fingers.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Don't touch a Gigabyte Motherboard. Even though they say they are overclockable if anything goes wrong they simply wring their hands and walkaway. I know, I have one that has to sit every morning in the setupscreen while I make a coffee before it can be booted up.

Gigabytes response was similar to George W Bushes latest stupidity about his mate doing favors for his girlfriend in the World Bank. A lack of understanding of the perceptions coupled by 2 fingers.

LOL.. bummer luck with gigabyte.. I like mine!.. I have had responses from gigabyte with any problems I've had.. much better than anything ol' George has ever done for this country..