Question New overheating issues for my FX 9590

Jun 19, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fy2fNQ

That's my parts list, aside from my M.2 ssd. I have been having issues with a computer locking up after a few min of use. Now it seems as though nothing is helping this issue. I have tried altering voltages ( blindly lowering them little by little) and the system wouldn't boot. I have removed dust covers and put a large fan in front of the PC and that didnt help. (Stretch of a chance, I know) and I have reset my AIO cooler with new paste, didnt help. Overheated in 5 min. Am I missing something? Am I going to have to just spend money and upgrade to a i9 and not worry about upgrades for a couple years? I know AMD runs hot, but this is ridiculous. Its 60°F in the house and my temps still spike for no reason. Any input would help.

Jun 19, 2019
How high do your CPU temps get before it locks up?
Is the cooler pumping properly?
Have you tried running with the case open?
If so....what happens to the temps?
While I was sitting in the bios menue monitoring the temps, it got to 70°C or so I want to say then the system cut out. The corsair software only gets to 65°C then freezes the entire system

DSzymborski

Titan
Honestly, I'd just upgrade. You have all these excellent, high-end components being used to drive what was probably the worst consumer CPU release since the late Pentium 4s. I'd be worried about your pump as well, but in either case, an upgrade should be a priority. If the pump isn't an issue, the next thing to do, assuming no upgrade, would be to underclock the CPU to FX-8350 levels and seeing if that resolves the issue.