[SOLVED] New pair of headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marreig1997

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
Ok so i just went from a pair of 5 year old sennheiser g4me zero and they have been soooo good, mic qual is good, sound good, and the comfort is amazing. So i decided that i should mabye upgrade them to something new and spicey, cause sennheiser pillows or whatever are falling apart. So i bought a pair of Steelseries Arctis pro wireless cause i saw so much possitive about them. When i got them i got a little dissapointed about the sound tbh. It felt like so much sound dissapeared. They are a little to small for my big head too, and i miss the sennheiser when i use the steelseries. I really like the look of them and the mic is not that bad. And the fact that they are wireless made me buy them, i really like wireless, but then came the background noice, the white noice or buzzing. Should i just buy a new pair of sennheiser or just get used to the steelseries?

Solution
After trying Sennheiser and other headphones like studio grade KOSS, I settled on Beyerdynamic. They have better sound, comfort, and durability.

They make gaming headsets that range from $165 to $280, but they do not make wireless ones. I have no background noise problem at all with my DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones. Things like this and interference from other wireless devices can happen with wireless headphones and headsets.

Beyerdynamic put most of their focus into sound quality, comfort, and durability. They really aren't about fancy features. Like some other manufactures though, such as Logitech they offer compatibility with Embody's Immerse software. This is a very sophisticated software that can actually map your ear shape via a...
After trying Sennheiser and other headphones like studio grade KOSS, I settled on Beyerdynamic. They have better sound, comfort, and durability.

They make gaming headsets that range from $165 to $280, but they do not make wireless ones. I have no background noise problem at all with my DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones. Things like this and interference from other wireless devices can happen with wireless headphones and headsets.

Beyerdynamic put most of their focus into sound quality, comfort, and durability. They really aren't about fancy features. Like some other manufactures though, such as Logitech they offer compatibility with Embody's Immerse software. This is a very sophisticated software that can actually map your ear shape via a cell phone camera, and tailor the sound exactly to it. It also has some pretty good user adjustable features for hearing footsteps and such in games.

Immerse can be tried for 2 weeks for free. It costs $15 a year, or $40 for 7 years.
https://embody.co/immerse/beyerdynamic

Solution

marreig1997

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018

Beyerdynamic put most of their focus into sound quality, comfort, and durability. They really aren't about fancy features. Like some other manufactures though, such as Logitech they offer compatibility with Embody's Immerse software. This is a very sophisticated software that can actually map your ear shape via a cell phone camera, and tailor the sound exactly to it. It also has some pretty good user adjustable features for hearing footsteps and such in games.

Immerse can be tried for 2 weeks for free. It costs $15 a year, or $40 for 7 years.
https://embody.co/immerse/beyerdynamic
Thx for the tips! I just bought a pair of MMX 300 v2 instead so i got the microphone, and im so happy i bought them, they were a little bit stiff, but i know its just to use them and they will be more comfy! but the sound is just amazing, such a perfect bass, and it sits so nice on my ears, its just like pillows, i returned the arctis pro and im gonna keep yhe beyerdynamic!

Thx for the tips! I just bought a pair of MMX 300 v2 instead so i got the microphone, and im so happy i bought them, they were a little bit stiff, but i know its just to use them and they will be more comfy! but the sound is just amazing, such a perfect bass, and it sits so nice on my ears, its just like pillows, i returned the arctis pro and im gonna keep yhe beyerdynamic!
Yeah give them a little time for the transducers and ear cushions to break in. They can sound even better after that. A tip on the ear cushions. They will soften a bit over time and the top part of them will flatten out slightly at the top due to your head being wider above the ear than below the ear. Fortunately though, the ear cups are made pretty much round, so it's not too hard to rotate the cushions 180 degrees when this happens. Maybe every 6 months or so once they get good and soft. This ensures they maintain loft where it's needed most, where your ear protrudes the most at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.