[SOLVED] New parts still same problem

Dec 29, 2018
So Recently i bought rtx 2070 amd 5 2600, 2 x 16b 3000hz, 620 w, adn b450m-hdv and if i play fortnite where is more detailed places i get nearly 60 fps whats now wrong i have spent so many on this pc.

Solution
when doing reset it reinstalls windows

You're right in a sense but what you don't know is Windows retains and re-uses drivers previously installed.

Back-up your data and do a fresh install.

What resolution and settings are you playing at? Is the game installed on a faster drive like a new hdd or ssd? Do you have v sync turned on? Do you have xmp enabled? What components are maxing out? Fortnite has an issue where in some areas mainly tilted the game will only run at a certain fps and not use your hardware to the fullest.

Dec 29, 2018
So recently I bought Amd ryzen 5 2600 and rtx 2070. 2x8gb 3000hz rami, 620w bronze cer. and b450m(im not sure about this rn)
and if i play fortnite i get still lag what is so unbeliveable for me, I thought I bought one of the best GPU and 6core proccesor and still getting lag with this setup, had spent so much time and money to find those right components and Now i just getting lag, Im Done, Can somebody explain why so or help me.

Title edited to reflect the actual problem.
Phillip Corcoran (Moderator)

Dec 29, 2018
So recently I bought Amd ryzen 5 2600 and rtx 2070. 2x8gb 3000hz rami, 620w bronze cer. and b450m(im not sure about this rn)
and if i play fortnite i get still lag what is so unbeliveable for me, I thought I bought one of the best GPU and 6core proccesor and still getting lag with this setup, had spent so much time and money to find those right components and Now i just getting lag, Im Done, Can somebody explain why so or help me. Is it something with cpu?

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
What type of drive are you using. Have you used task manager while gaming to see what processes are running that could be causing lag. Also what monitor are you using. Is bios up to date on motherboard and drivers for card? Also can you take a snap shot of your Nvidia control panel settings?

Dec 29, 2018
1) did you install Windows fresh with the new build? If not do so.

2) do you have all chipset drivers?

3) have you checked temps while gaming?

4) is it actual lag perhaps (as in internet based?)

5) what fps are you getting?

1) I didnt(I will do)
2)im pretty sure i have but how i can control it
3)Temp are all fine ~55-60C
4)it is fps drop, ping is fine ~20.
5)normally over 100(in fortnite) but when i start bulding fast or watching somewhere detailed place i will get 60-70

Dec 29, 2018
Recently I bought rtx 2070 amd 5 2600, 2x16 ram and still fortnite lags when im looking at more detailed place after reinstalling my windows and updating my drivers, nothing changed still same problem, is my setup still weak??

Dec 29, 2018
Watch the language, the use of profanity is not allowed here
Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 29, 2018
Recently I bought amd 5 2600 rtx 2070 and now when i play fortnite and having a build fight or watching towards more detailed place i got very weird lag and fps drop, and when Im checking my task manager CPU and GPU percent are near 50.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
when doing reset it reinstalls windows

You're right in a sense but what you don't know is Windows retains and re-uses drivers previously installed.

Back-up your data and do a fresh install.

Solution