Question New PC - 144Hz monitor only showing up as 23.976Hz?

Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys, So i've just built my PC and connected both my monitors to my GPU (Radeon RX 5600 XT)

Monitor 1 (my main monitor) BenQ ZOWIE XL LCD 144hz > connected into DP
Monitor 2: (secondary) PHL 253V7L > Connected into HDMI

So monitor 1 is my preffered monitor used on my last pc no problems etc, But now in advanced display settings it is only showing it's refresh rate @ 23.976Hz and it's crazy slow - When i go into "Display adapter properties" where I usually go to change the refresh rate it only has two options: 23Hz or 24Hz

Monitor 2 is working perfectly fine, at the 75Hz it should be...

Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be or have experience with this help would be appreciated than

Jul 14, 2020
Do you have updated GPU drivers? Download the latest drivers for your RX 5600 XT from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...d-radeon-rx-5600-series/amd-radeon-rx-5600-xt

Use the Radeon software to set your display refresh rate.
Yeah I my drivers are up to date, I've just tried to change my refresh rate in the software from 24 to 144 but a message pops up " the custom resolution settingd are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure your settings and try again."

Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys, So i've just built my PC and connected both my monitors to my GPU (Radeon RX 5600 XT)

Monitor 1 (my main monitor) BenQ ZOWIE XL LCD 144hz > connected into DP
Monitor 2: (secondary) PHL 253V7L > Connected into HDMI

So monitor 1 is my preffered monitor used on my last pc no problems etc, But now in advanced display settings it is only showing it's refresh rate @ 23.976Hz and it's crazy slow - When i go into "Display adapter properties" where I usually go to change the refresh rate it only has two options: 23Hz or 24Hz

Monitor 2 is working perfectly fine, at the 75Hz it should be...

Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be or have experience with this help would be appreciated than
Have you tried switching monitors around to see, if that is video card port issue?

I had a weird instance of my HP Omen 27 not running at the 165Hz it normally runs at because I swapped a GPU for testing. I unplugged the DP while both the machine and monitor were on and then checked my settings on both my Nvidia control panel and monitor. It reset to the desired Hz after that process.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.