[SOLVED] New PC, any recommendations for changes?

Jan 7, 2020
Hello everyone!

I'm about to build a new PC for myself. Want to get Ryzen 9 3900x for CPU. But after a little research I'm confused about it's cooling. Some people are having no issues at all with stock fan coming with the CPU and then again some other people are getting higher temps even with Noctua NH-D15. So simple question - should I upgrade the stock cooling? Does temperatures depend on the choice of motherboard also? I do not intend to overglock it or anything... Just want to put it together, start up and begin using.

Here's what I'd like to do:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard: Gygabyte X570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb DDR4 3200MHz
Storage: SSD Kingston A2000 1TB M.2
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT 8gb
Case: MasterBox Lite 5
PSU: Corsair TXM Series 850W

Mainly using it for gaming, CAD and photoshop. Also probably will run triple screens at some point. And the choice of the case - is mine okey? I chose almost the cheapest one. I do not care about the looks. But as the cooling is a bit connected to the case, maybe you can recommend me something better? Or is it good enough?

Thank you for attention! :)

Solution
Your stock cooler should be fine for your cpu if you don't intend to overclock.
That case has 4 fans, which should be enough for good airflow.
I am using a 1700x, but I think I have a good setup for airflow. Using just a wraith prism cooler that I bought of eBay. But in my case, the front is all mesh, and has 3 120mm fans in front, 2 in the top above the CPU, and 1 exhaust. So I should have quite a bit of air flowing in there. Just being able to bring down the air temp of air going into the case helps.

TRENDING THREADS