Question New pc, black screen losing connection to mouse, keyboard, monitor. Can't shut off pc using power button

Jun 6, 2023
My new pc is having a wierd issue where suddenly I lose connection to monitor, mouse, keyboard. My pc is still on and fans spin. I can't shut of the pc using the power button when this happens even while holding it down. Only way to restart is to turn off the power manually.

Have downloaded drivers for gpu, cpu and motherboard aswell as updated bios.

Have tried a couple of things. to test the different parts
ram: Plugging in and out ram sticks, testing with 1 of either ram. 2 different ram testing software.
Psu: Tested with old psu and same issue.
Storage: storage worked with prevous build. When launching normally my drives weren't seen as bootable but with csm I could boot no problem.
Cpu and gpu tested in games aswell as benchmark. Worked fine.

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/61952118 (gpu performance lower here because i set lower wattage to be able to use old 750w psu)

Specs:
Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor
Gigabyte B650E AORUS MASTER ATX AM5 Motherboard
Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL40 Memory
Corsair RM1000e (2022) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

my conclusion so far is that it must be a motherboard issue

I was able to play diablo 4 for multiple hours no problem. I tried league of legends and it seems to happen ever 1-4 min.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could try and reflash the motherboard with the latest BIOS(in spite of being on the latest version already) and then clearing the CMOS, then see if the issue persists. Also, how old is the PSU in your build specs listed above?

I'd also try and manually install all drivers for your platform.

Storage: storage worked with prevous build. When launching normally my drives weren't seen as bootable but with cms I could boot no problem.
You mean CSM?

Jun 6, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could try and reflash the motherboard with the latest BIOS(in spite of being on the latest version already) and then clearing the CMOS, then see if the issue persists. Also, how old is the PSU in your build specs listed above?

I'd also try and manually install all drivers for your platform.

Storage: storage worked with prevous build. When launching normally my drives weren't seen as bootable but with cms I could boot no problem.
You mean CSM?
I did install latest bios for MOBO using usb today. I did clear CMOS before getting latest bios. The psu was bought last week. both the gpu, processor and ram was bought second hand.

I did mean CSM. I used CSM UEI and it then recognized my drives.

I can try clearing CMOS again if that could help