Question New PC BSOD - Caused by RAM?

Aug 23, 2019
Hey Guys,
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Yesterday I finished a new PC build with these specs;
Motherboard : TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600

GPU : SAPPHIRE PULSE RX5700XT 8G GDDR6

RAM : Team Group Dark Pro " Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz

PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular,

I am getting the error code Kernel Security Check Failure and a BSOD after using the PC for a short while, 30 mins to 1 hour approximately.

After booting my PC for the first time and going to BIOS I saw that my RAM was running at 2400MHz so I changed it using DOCP to the 3200MHz 14-14-14-31 profile which then made my PC not boot, when booting the RAM LED on my motherboard stayed on so I had to reset the CMOS. After resetting the CMOS I tried stock ram speeds and the PC still bluescreened so I updated the BIOS to the newest version and tried with the RAM again, I got the speed to 3066MHz, increased voltage to 1.35, etc. With general use (Watching Youtube, downloading files, etc) the PC bluescreened once every 30 min-1 hour with the error code Kernel Security Check Failure, however it did not do this while gaming.

I ran memtest86 while I was asleep and the tests found no errors with my RAM, however the true latency of my ram was shown as 38.6ns which set off alarm bells. Could this still be a RAM issue, such as incompatible RAM, or is this most likely a driver issue?
Thank you in advance for any help.

EDIT : Added the true latency of RAM that memtest86 showed

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019
Which version of BIOS are you currently on? Might also want to share the version of Windows 10 you're currently working with. In BIOS does enabling X.M.P help you out in any form?

I'm on the newest BIOS for my board, Version 1005.
Windows 10 Home 10.0.18362 / Build 18362
XMP and manually changing speed/voltage gives the same result, the PC doesn't boot and the RAM light stays on on my motherboard. Could this possibly just be an incompatibility issue? Memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic returns nothing but I'm not sure if they show incompatibility issues.