[SOLVED] New PC, BSODs

Dec 5, 2019
Hello, I just acquired a new PC a few days ago, installed Windows 10 and maybe one shutdown later began amassing bluescreens. The only drivers I installed were the ones that came with the motherboard, the video card and the chipset.
For a general idea :
yJuJe4t.png

Last Dump files : http://www.mediafire.com/file/iuw7e8e1pm6p86p/Dmp.zip/file
Specs :
Processor : Ryzen 3 2300x
Video : RX 580 Pulse
Motherboard : B450M PRO4-F
Memory : HyperX Fury Black 8GB
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 1000GB
SSD : Kingston A400 120GB
Audio : Realtek ALC892
Power : Corsair VS Series VS550

Solution
Just did a memtest, 4 passes, 0 errors so that might be off the list.
I don't think so, right now I am suspecting the memory to be causing this.

Do you have a different memory module you could use instead of the current one to test with?

Why do I suspect the memory?
There are quite a few different bugchecks:
  • 0xA,
  • 0x3B,
  • 0x7E,
  • 0xE3,
  • 0x1E,
  • 0xEF
When you look at them individually, one could say a driver is causing the problems because that is one of the most common cause for BSOD crashes.
What makes this something else though, is the 0xEF and the variety of crashes. The 0xEF is the sole bugcheck in the list which doesn't have drivers as a common cause, rather the RAM or HDD due to its nature.
Combining a...

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU should not be with that system. Did you manually download all the necessary drivers for the platform from ASRock's support site? Making sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard? which version of Windows 10 are you on?

Dec 5, 2019
That PSU should not be with that system. Did you manually download all the necessary drivers for the platform from ASRock's support site? Making sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard? which version of Windows 10 are you on?
I got the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:19.10.16_19H1_WHQL for the ASRock, so yes I assume so.

BIOS no, I'm dated on 2019/5/9 with the newest one being 2019/8/6

Windows 10 Pro, 1909

Last edited:
Just did a memtest, 4 passes, 0 errors so that might be off the list.

Do you have a different memory module you could use instead of the current one to test with?

• 0xA,
  • 0x3B,
  • 0x7E,
  • 0xE3,
  • 0x1E,
  • 0xEF
When you look at them individually, one could say a driver is causing the problems because that is one of the most common cause for BSOD crashes.
What makes this something else though, is the 0xEF and the variety of crashes. The 0xEF is the sole bugcheck in the list which doesn't have drivers as a common cause, rather the RAM or HDD due to its nature.
Combining a variety of crashes, the most probable cause moves from driver to hardware because of the varying situations at which the crashes happen.

I didn't find any signs of issues related to the hard drive so based on the common causes for the 0xEF right now I suspect the RAM.

Solution
Dec 5, 2019

• 0xA,
  • 0x3B,
  • 0x7E,
  • 0xE3,
  • 0x1E,
  • 0xEF
Combining a variety of crashes, the most probable cause moves from driver to hardware because of the varying situations at which the crashes happen.

I didn't find any signs of issues related to the hard drive so based on the common causes for the 0xEF right now I suspect the RAM.
Currently no, only this one. It's within warranty tho so getting it replaced shouldn't be a problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know how things usually go with warranty these days, but from what others have told me it first has to be proven that the part really is faulty to be replaced and the proving part is where we're at.

normally with ram they will take a failed memtest report as enough, but op ran memtest and didn't get any errors. They could run Prime95 (https://www.mersenne.org/download/ ) as it also checks ram

it might also be caused by PSU as Lutfi suggests here
That PSU should not be with that system.

Reactions: Lutfij
The thing about DirectX is, in Windows 10 the versions 9, 10 and 11 are already installed.

There's lots of stuff online about installing DirectX, but a lot of those sites are pretty much trying to get you to install some program to let you pay to 'install it'. There are a few links from Microsoft about installing updates for DirectX 9 for surface devices.

So, I am wondering what exactly you installed.