Question New PC build. Absolutely shocking GPU performance and no audio.

Apr 18, 2023
I've made my first PC build. Now that things are up and running, I have noticed some issues. My 7900 XTX GPU is performing horribly. It's literally getting <10 FPS in GTA V and scored a measly 29 on Novabench, while my CPU scored 2516.

Meanwhile, the PC provides zero audio to my new monitor. It also provides no audio to my last monitor, which I know to be fully functional. However, it does provide audio to my headset. All sound settings have been checked.

The CPU has integrated graphics, but my settings do seem to be using the actual graphics card (the integrated graphics don't seem to appear in any settings).

I have installed and updated drivers for each of my components. I have made sure that all audio and graphics settings are appropriate and have tried a range of benchmarks/games.

My GPU seems to be on a slight angle based on the small angle of the attached ports. Those ports directly connected to the GPU (display ports + HDMI) also do not work.

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700X
GPU: 7900 XTX
Motherboard: MSI Pro B650-P
RAM: 32GB (16 x 2)
SSD: 2TB (barely any used)

What on Earth is going on?

Apr 18, 2023
if you are not connecting to the gpu, you are not using the gpu

brand and model of the psu? got all the pcie power cable to the gpu?
Thank you for looking into this! The PSU is a RM850X model.

Do I need my monitor to plug into the GPU directly for the GPU to be used? What would be being used otherwise: The integrated graphics?

Apr 18, 2023
did you have both pcie 8 pin power on the gpu?
The GPU has three lots of the 8 pin power inputs. I've connected two PCIe cables into it using those split ends (excuse my lack of terminology). I think it's using a cable with 8 pins and a 6 + 2 plus the 8 pins of the second cable. I thought this was correct, but finding an answer was difficult. Could this be the issue?

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
The GPU has three lots of the 8 pin power inputs. I've connected two PCIe cables into it using those split ends (excuse my lack of terminology). I think it's using a cable with 8 pins and a 6 + 2 plus the 8 pins of the second cable. I thought this was correct, but finding an answer was difficult. Could this be the issue?
Connect each 8 pin from the gpu individually, dont use only 2 cables, use 3 cables from the psu. Just to avoid some problem with power delivery. Connect the monitor/s to the back of the gpu so you use the gpu as main render and install latest drivers from AMD website using before DDU to remove older instalations.

If you connect any HDMI or DisplayPort to the motherboard it would use the integrated graphics.

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Congratulations of your first setup.

After reading through here, I have some thoughts.

1. Your sound has been directed to your headphones and is not going to your speakers at all. You need to go into settings/sound/output and fix that. If you do not know how to into settings, let me know and I'll show you.

2. Your video card has been connected to the PC but isn't 'activated'. Before you do that, read the manual that came with your video card, and ensure you have all the power cables connected correctly. Then you need to go into BIOS, and disable the video on the motherboard (this is so the computer looks for and activates the video card). After doing that, you will need to move the monitor cable to the appropriate video output on your video card (or you will get a blank screen on your monitor). After doing this, you will need to goto the manufacturer of your video card, download the latest drivers, install and you are set!

Let me know if you need any further assistance.