[SOLVED] New pc build being wonky.

rayschaller

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hey all been awhile since I built a new pc so thought was time to build the wife and me ones for christmas. Well both builds went ok and her build wouldn't update windows till about the 6th install from the normal win install off usb external drive.

Month later here and her computer was crashing on world of warcraft with critical errors and random BSOD errors. Restore points seem to get it back up and running about 3 times but this last time wouldn't boot untill a hard shut down and still just goes into recovery. Kept thinking it was driver issues but have ran the hardware tests I can and everything seems ok health wise.

When I tried booting it this morning and when it would not post at all the cpu error light would flash awhile and then go to the vga light then back to cpu.

The builds in question are identical and only software being used on them is chrome for paying bills and world of warcraft.

MSI tomahawk b450
Ryzen 5 2600
samsung evo 500gb ssd
Riotoro CR500 case
EVGA 1070 sc
Vulcan 16gb 2400
evga 600 psu gold
Win 10 home edition
Just trying to reach out for some help because other than reinstalling windows I dont know where the conflicts are or where to start to diagnose them.

rayschaller

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Yes have all drivers up to date and bios, msi makes that real easy..when the pc was running ran fantastic then just starts acting like this. Working on full recovery now so see how it goes.

ron2456

Distinguished

If it still shows the same symptoms then RMA the CPU forst as that seems the root cause as you said it stuck on cpu error ight then goes to vga and back to cpu

rayschaller

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Took one stick of the ram out and seems to be running solid for now so going to wait see if it starts acting up again and go from there. Thanks again for all the help and just a sinking feeling the build doesn't like them two sticks together.

You know what's great about your situation? You have two builds with exact hardware. We can troubleshoot this very easily. The first thing i'd do is swap SSD's between the two builds. If the problem follows to the other build then you know the issue is either the SSD or the software on it. If the issue doesn't follow, then we know the issue resides with another component. I'd start there then report back.