NZXT phantom 240
Kingston DDR4 8GB (1 modul)
EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB
H170 PRO4S
KINGSTON SSD (SATA)
DVD ROM (SATA)
Power supply Cooler Master B500
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KXdfnn
After putting all components together PC started without any problems. PC was connected through HDMI to external monitor (grafic card port). In BIOS I’ve enabled PS2 emulation to be able to use mice and keyboard. Then I set boot from DVD. Windows has been installed and was working successfully. I wanted to install driver for grafic card, which wasn’t working (but was connected). As I didn’t have CD with driver, wireless adapter , LAN cable , I turn the PC off.
After I bought USB wireless adapter, I connected it through USB. After turning on the PC my monitor stayed black with title “no connection (no source)”. HDMI cabel as well as monitor I’ve tested by connecting them to my laptop and everthing worked. The I tried to connect monitor (through HDMI) to mother board port and grafics port, nothing worked, just black screen. I do not have DVI cabel, VGA ports are not available. Then I disconnected USB wirelless card. I took away grafic card and reseted CMOS. HDMI cabel was reconnected to mother board and turned PC on. Monitor shows data now, but doesn’t run WIN7 from SSD drive, and doesn’t boot from DVD. It shows only black screen with with cursor. I am able to go into BIOS.
Could you please advise what to do in this situation ?

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

problem is that right now I can't start PC:
It doesn't run installed Win 7 from HDD
It doesn't boot system from DVD

in both cases I end with black screen with with cursor (and nothing happens then...)

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

haven't tried this option, but I decided for DVD ROM because this specific mother board has some limitation in terms of installing win7 from USB

"Due to chipset limitation, when you want to install Windows® 7 on this MB, you may need to use “Win 7 USB Patcher” to create a new ISO file, or check this page for more details on how to install Windows® 7 OS."

do you suggest to physically remove SSD drive and try to boot from DVD/USB ?

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

I've done one more test. I removed SSD disc, and tried to boot from DVD. It worked, PC was booting from DVD and trying to install windows. Of course because of missing SSD it couldn't be completed. After I reconnected SSD back to build, chosen boot from DVD, I had the same problem : black screen with blinking cursor. So my issue is definitely caused by SSD.

Could you pls help how to test disc ? Should I somehow format it ?

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

before I send it back, is there any way how I could test it's functionality ? e.g. connecting to laptop via USB and run som testing tools ?

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Alexoiu - many thanks for your help. I'll do one more test with WIN10 and return the SSD back to store

one more time I appreciate your help

Rene_12

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Guys, I have an update. I've tried to download WIN10 through official MS tool and boot was successful. I did SSD disc formatting, and installed new OS.

I've reconnected grafics card, installed the latest driver. Now I have another problem.
Is it normal that grafics fan starts after PC is turned on, and in moment when desktop appears, fan stops ? Is it because of some 'energy saving mode", and it is enabled only when needed, or this is malfunctioning ? I just add that the latest driver has been installed. Is there any way how to do testing ? I've tried to run FIFA 15 demo and fan did not start.

I appreciate all comments